Oil spill in the Apocalypse?

by Kosonen 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

The Book of Revelation is pure nonsense. Do you have any idea how many nutjobs have predicted the end of the world? When will people wake up? There is no angry man in the sky who is going to come down here and open up a can of whoop-ass. You can take your end of the world prophecies and doom and gloom and stick it were the sun don't shine. The mentality of religious people seriously scares me sometimes.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So...why would god destroy the earth again?

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

My dad was talking about the oil spill other day and some scripture about all the fishes dying or something? And how he thinks that perhaps it's a literal meaning with all that's going on with the oil spill at the moment.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

notverylikely

So...why would god destroy the earth again?

Because we have taken it and turned it to garbage. But this is not the 1st time it was destroyed. Dont forget about the numerous exctinctions through pre-history. With the dinosaurs. The earth is on a cycle of fertility and death. Just as how forest fires are necessary for forest health and the soil. What makes it a miracle is that it was fortold.

Case in point... The plauges of Moses' day. If you do research they have repeated in the mid 80's in Africa. So it could be explianed away that the plauges in Egypt were just a natural phenom. To understand this we need to learn to see Gods timelessness. He is already in the future while maintaining a veiw on the past. All places at once. All times at once.

Picture this. A sniper wants to shoot a moving target very far away. To hit it he has to shoot slightly in front of it so in space and time the bullet will meet the target on time.

Well, we are in motion. And the target is evils destruction. Its such a big target that the bullet was shot thousands of years ago. They will meet at the apointed time of the shooters choosing.

Those who are ignorant will be spared. Those who see the world getting to the point that we are facing certain death, and have faith with no worries will also make it. But those who curse God when this stuff starts hapenning will be destroyed. Even some of them will make it if their heart is good.

The symbology of the blood on the doors in Egypt is for us. The angels of death will not see you if you put on the white robe of faith. The unclean will be wiped away from the earth.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

WHy? cleansed with water the first time, cleansed with fire the 2nd time

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've often wondered if Jehovah's Witnesses who are caught up in an earthquake, flood, hurricane, or fire don't wonder just before they die if what they are going through was actually Armageddon.

Think about some of the unfortunate JWs who might have been killed during Hurricane Katrina, the East Indian tsunami, or the recent earthquakes in Haiti and Chile. Many of them may have felt as the buildings came crashing down around them, as the earth opened up, or as the winds and floods swamped over them, sucking them down into the churning, cold, and murky waters - that they were actually going through and dying at Armageddon.

What if they had been faithful JWs their whole lives? Did they wonder why Jehovah was killing them? Why wasn't he reaching down and saving them or covering them with some sort of inpenetratable bubble and electronic force field?

Did some of them who were righteous in their own hearts wonder what they had done wrong to bring down Jehovah's wrath upon them? Did they wonder as they took their last breaths if they had missed seeing Jesus and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because they weren't paying attention?

I wonder what any of us who have been JWs in the past, or are undercover apostates now, will wonder if we were wrong and should have stayed in the "Truth" - just after a big earthquake has taken place and an inescapable tidal wave hits our home? Maybe.

But the odds are that to the rest of the JWs and the world - it was just another natural disaster and the JWs who were killed were just poor unfortunate victims who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Juan Viejo2 With the way time is, they are already waking up this very moment in the new system. (if they deserve it) And who knows... Your future self might be there greeting them. What really affects this world is seeing it happen and living through it. Why would a true believer in God wonder why he was doing this to them or not protecting them? God has nothing to do with any deaths right now. Bad stuff happens. God is hands off right now. So do you prefer the random chaos and its beauty or would you prefer the order that comes with God?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I really don't think so.

As for meeting my maker: I'm utterly prepared at any time, having lived an honest life, not hiding behind the apron strings of what other men say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit