Oil spill in the Apocalypse?

by Kosonen 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I've found several similar youtube videos, here is one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqc-uABits

Quite interesting how well the words of REVELATION 8:8,9 fits what's happening. Then you could ask if the volcano in Iceland and Haiti and Chili earthquakes fulfilled previous verses in that same chapter.

4 And the smoke of the incense ascended from the hand of the angel with the prayers of the holy ones before God. 5 But right away the angel took the incense vessel, and he filled it with some of the fire of the altar and hurled it to the earth. And thunders occurred and voices and lightnings and an earthquake. Could it be that holy one's pray to God because of all the injustices taking place here on earth and the action from God's side are these catastrofic punishments?

Could the next verses refer to the current oil spill catastrophy?

8 And the second angel blew his trumpet. And something like a great mountain burning with fire was hurled into the sea. And a third of the sea became blood; 9 and a third of the creatures that are in the sea which have souls died, and a third of the boats were wrecked.

If this period of catastofies has begun, then we can expect more. The next words sound like metheor impact:

10 And the third angel blew his trumpet. And a great star burning as a lamp fell from heaven, and it fell upon a third of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters. 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood. And a third of the waters turned into wormwood, and many of the men died from the waters, because these had been made bitter.

12 And the fourth angel blew his trumpet. And a third of the sun was smitten and a third of the moon and a third of the stars, in order that a third of them might be darkened and the day might not have illumination for a third of it, and the night likewise.

13 And I saw, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven say with a loud voice: “Woe, woe, woe to those dwelling on the earth because of the rest of the trumpet blasts of the three angels who are about to blow their trumpets!”

What follows next is a 5 month locust plague.

Could it be that we are now living in this prophecied period of time???

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ll worry..

When the world starts running out of Beer..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

nd the third angel blew his trumpet. And a great star burning as a lamp fell from heaven, and it fell upon a third of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters. 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood. And a third of the waters turned into wormwood, and many of the men died from the waters, because these had been made bitter.

I always thought that a key point to this was that Wormwood meant bitterness. So instead of thinking a physical thing, I started thinking that 'bitterness' itself had descended upon men and women.

Tammy

• freydo
    freydo

BP Board Game From The 70s Ominously Predicts Oil Spill (PICTURE)

"It's now gotten to the point where we don't even have to mock BP or criticize them for ruining the Gulf coast. They'll do it all themselves.

The UK's Metro has discovered a BP branded board game from the 70s titled "Offshore Oil Strike." Letting players take on the role of oil tycoons, they face the "hazards and rewards" of offshore drilling. It serves has a hauntingly ironic prediction of recent events. And a mindblowing addition to the ridiculousness that is BP. Perhaps the creepiest part? The foreboding 'hazard cards,' which read 'Blow-out! Rig damaged. Oil slick clean-up costs. Pay $1million.' If only it was that easy. You have to imagine that whoever created this game has nervously been counting the days until this baby got discovered, praying that it was lost in the back of some Toys R' Us storage facility never to be seen again. Nope. It's here and is a weird reminder that this could've been avoided. (h/t Bartunde Thurston)"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/06/bp-board-game-from-the-70_n_636145.html?ref=twitter

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I think the gulf stream is going to stop after it sucks all that oil into it. The bible talks about The oceans becoming as blood of a dead man. I take this as circulation stopping. But what will make it an obvious attack and not a natural phenom will be a chain of events that shuts it down. Too many things will happen to be coincidence. So I do think we are living in the time you spoke of.

Many people think the burning mountain is a meteor. I think it could be icelands volcano exploding.

The stuff about the stars and sun is going to be because of the suns lack of sunspots. The 11 year waxing and waning cycle is not working properly. The sun will heat up and puke all that heat out. This will be followed by a huge electromagnetic burst. A strong enough magnet would black out a portion of the sky because the light wouldnt make it here.

This is all just my speculation.

Alot of people on here are just bitter from the crap in the WT. I dont agree with them either. But to turn away all the things they have to say is not smart. Every religion has some good truth in it. I pick out the good stuff and forget the garbage.

So as far as Im concerned... I think we are in the last days too.

I talk with my friends about this stuff and they say the same things I see on this board. Like... There have always been earthquakes and disease and all that stuff. But I dont think this is the same. The way all these things are happening seems like they are connected. And at the same time the earth is bugging out so are governments. Yes there have always been wars. But again I say this looks different. Like its all part of the same big thing.

So if this is real and Im not trying to see a connection, then what do we do about it?

• tec
    tec

then what do we do about it?

Revelations 22:11 - Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy.

Basically, I don't think you should change and try to do right because you're afraid of armageddon, but rather out of the love that Christ taught. Then it won't matter when the end comes ( in whatever form you believe that to be ). You'll be doing what you're supposed to be doing, regardless. Love never fails, remember? I don't remember a scripture that says fear never fails.

Tammy

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Tec.

Sorry, let me elaborate on what I was asking.

I am not moved to do something because Im scared of armagedon. I have been through war and faced death many times. Dying's easy. As far as Im concerned if I am wrong about God and we are all just here on our own, then I rather see the human race go extinct. We are parasites. But I dont think thats the case. And I do think whats happening in the world today is real. So my question is, if a person truely thinks this is going down, what part do I have to play in it. I dont feel like Im supposed to be just an onlooker. I want in the middle of this action! But how do you get involved without looking like woody harrelson from the movie 2012? lol.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Although many physical things and problems, and maybe earthy things as well as symbolic, but I think it 'really' is referring to this.......

THat is Rev 8:8-11 as who Acts 7:43 is talking about - "But it was the tent of Mo′loch and the star of the god Re′phan that YOU took up"

To get even deeper, don't forget there were NO chapters or verses in the bible, they were added to make it easy to reference and get everyone to the same spot........so then in Rev 9:1 - that "start that had fallen from heaven", could be Rev 8:10. Don't forget what the scriptures saw about Satan in the sense of how he appears and also what would happen to him.

AND lets not forget what happened to the angels who rebelled during the time of Noah, they have been imprisoned. Some 'non canon' books, mentioned them speaking about being released in an appointed time (either them or the nephilim), so their 'leader' could be the one who is allowed to release them in Rev 9.

I'm assuming none of this will make sense to anybody reading, prob wasting my time.

• tec
    tec

Frigginconfused-

Gotcha.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for that. Pray that it is put off until everyone can come to know Christ? Keep doing the best you can to live by Jesus' example, to show that you have love for Him, to show that you have peace from Him? Keep helping those in need? Maybe that will influence some; maybe not.

It should be what we do, regardless of threat or not. And I think the answer is probably different for each of us.

EOM - too deep for me at this point in time :) Sorry.

Tammy

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

TEC - super simplified version, mountains = gods stars = lesser demons/princes/and or illumination/insight/teachings. It's getting an understanding of a highly spiritual nature and the scriptures revealing the spirit war and how it effects humans. Example Rev 8:10 - "And a great star, burning as a lamp" with Rev 11:4 - "the two lampstands and are standing before the Lord of the earth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit