I Went in Field Service Yesterday!!

by Valentine 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Valentine
    Valentine

Greetings !

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed doing streetwork for the first time in my life!!

It was really cold here in Chicago yesterday,snow clouds looming in the sky. About 10 am I decided to run home for my cofee break.

As I rushed down the main street,walking quickly,I saw 2 groups of JW's w/ their mags on the main street near home.
    I haven't seen any around my territory since last spring.
    Humph I thought.
    I double-timed it home,bundled up,grabbed my stacks of silentlambs posters and ran back to the main street.

I stood on the corner,several feet ahead of them and started saying Hi to passers by. Handing them a print-out w/ silentlambs org. etc.
    People were cold and in a hurry so realizing this,I simply said,Please scan this quickly before you get to those groups of people w/ the WT's and Awakes further down the street.
    Well,people did. And not one acccepted or stopped to speak w/ any of the JW's. In fact,when I heard the opener(gag remeber this?) "Good morning can I share some good news with you?' I saw a couple people look at the print out and give them wide berth lol.

I stayed until they left.I was frozen to the bone but felt very satisfied and happy as opposed to dreary and depressed as I used to in the 'other' field service days.">

I didnt see if silentlambs has his posters etc in spanish? I really need that in my area. For my next out in fs. Now where's my return visit notebook?????// Have a great day all! Carry a few of those with ya's. (Like we used to carry tracts in our purses?) Ya never know .........luv to all,Tina

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I am so proud of you!!!!

That's awesome :o)

Did the JW's see you, or realize what you were doing??

closer

• Valentine
    Valentine

Mornin (closer)
    Yes, they saw me.I had a winter hat and my sunglasses on. I don't care if they recognized me,tho I didn't recognize any of them from my old cong.But I had heard they changed the territory a couple of yrs ago,so they wouldn't know me anyway. And if they did? The elders know where I live lol. thanks hun,have a great day!! luv,T

Todays Affirmation:
    The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm impressed! Hope you had a nice brandy or something to warm you when you got in out of the cold.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Tina, You did what I have been wanting to do for so long. I wish you were in my area, then we could go in "two's". I think it is significant that the ones who took your posters did not respond at all to the JW's. Kewl!!!!!

• Valentine
    Valentine

(((ozzie))))))) no brandy but more hot coffee lol.

(((aroarer))))))))) that would be kewl,the old two by two! Knowing how they shut their minds down,I had no intention of arguing w/ the JW's. My concern was/is for the unsuspecting,the walking emotionally vulnerable,or the just plain curious. Yes! I left feeling like I placed a hundred mags!!!!(seeing them place none!) luv to you and oz,T

Todays Affirmation:

• freeman
    freeman

Valentine,
    That was excellent. Now remember to write down your time and if you happen to do this again and see any of the same people, that counts as a return visit. Great job!

Freeman

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Tina,

I've got the BiGGesT GRiN plastered on my ol' face...can just visualize you ga!. Great effort on your part...heh,heh, heh!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good for you Tina

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Kudos Tina, that rocks...

Gawd, could this be the start of something?

In any major urban area they'd be enough of 'us' to completely rain on any meeting for field service.

We could use sandwitch boards, testimony cards, portable CD players, and sound cars!

"Alert! Jehovah's Witnesses are in your neighbourhood. Answer the door to an unknown caller at your peril."

Or knocking on doors they've just called on and made a placement...

"Hello there, sorry to bother you, but the people who just called on you are under the influence of a cult. Obviously your capable of drawing your own conclusions, so here's a leaflet we've prepared to counter many of the claims made by Jehovah's Witnesses."

Howabout chucking a few thousand leaflets out of a plane over a DC stadium?

"You might be a 'sheep', but that doesn't make you immune to having the wool pulled over your eyes! Please read this leaflet; if you have the truth, an A5 leaflet dropped out of an aeroplane isn't going to take it away from you. If you haven't got the truth, then we think you should know."

All we have to do is figure out an 'unbaptising' ceremony, and we're cooking!

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit