Anyone do telephone witnessing?

by gubberningbody 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

LOL!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

why don't you ask the elders why they told you that?

• dgp
    dgp

Isn't that the equivalent of spam?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If you use the telephone, can you count the time you used to setup the telephone line?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never bothered wasting the time and money doing these field circus extension activities. It was bad enough as was without having to account for every minute, 24 hours a day, as being one I could have saved a life with a telephone call or by writing a letter.

• dgp
    dgp

Anyone up for Facebook witnessing?

• blondie
    blondie

gubberning, I did not spend my 45 years as a jw faking my time; I'm sorry if I gave that impression. But once I decided to leave I had to keep the elders off my back. My little charade lasted about about 2 months and then I just stopped turning in a slip and stopped attending meetings and got caller ID on the phone. It is amazing that when I was really ill, not a single elder called but when I stopped turning in time, they called every day.....hmmmmmmmm

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I was too chicken to try it. I felt the peer pressure sitting around the table, listening to the others making calls. When it was my turn I couldn't do it, so they passed it on to the next person.

That was me, too. The one time I experienced it was at a hall in Charleston, SC. I was auxiliary pioneering at time, but still couldn't bring myself to do it. The other pioneers in the room did it, but I passed.

• yknot
    yknot

I was bad..... I didn't dial the full number and faked a conversation occassionally

When I know my cellphone will be checked...... I dial the number and utilize the mute option.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit