OUR ACTIVE LEADER TODAY sept 15 wt

by booby 11 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

4 Still, Christ found these same faithful anointed Christians doing their utmost to

provide timely spiritual food for the household of faith. From 1879 onward, through

thick and thin, they had been publishing Biblical truths about God's Kingdom

in the pages of this magazine. Surely it would be more accurate to say he as in russel

than they Jesus had prophesied that "on arriving" to inspect his

domestics during "the conclusion of the system of things," he would find a slave providing

them "food at the proper time." He would pronounce that slave happy

andwould "appoint him over all his belongings" on earth. (Matt. 24:3, 45-47) As Head

of the Christian congregation, Christ has used this "faithful and discreet slave"

to administer His Kingdom interests on earth. He has provided direction for the

anointed "domestics" and their "other sheep" companions by means of a Governing

Body.-John 10:16. Does that scripture prove that claim true?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

They do this all the time. Make a blatant statement, then throw in a scripture that has almost no connection as proof. The term "Governing Body" is not found anywhere in the scriptures, but they use the term so often that I'll bet many/most witnesses think it has to be there.

• booby
    booby

Thanks for the comment. It sure seems that the scripture from John gives zero support. And from what I have read at the beginning it was Russell his wife and his money and then for a while Russell his wife and his money augmented with the money sucked out of other peoples wallet.

• wobble
    wobble

"From 1879 onward they had been publishing Biblical truths about god's Kingdom"

Just please, please all you active Dubs, do not take a look at what these "Biblical truths " were.

• booby
    booby

wobble - So true, the light wasn't even turned on back then. Ya see timely spiritual food at that time was nothin like the timely spiritual food now. Much of that early spiritual food never overlapped with that of today.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The part about the GB comes in the previous verses, dear booby (may you have peace!). To wit:

"I am the door of the sheep. All those that have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and he will go in and out and find pasturage.The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they might have life and might have it in abundance. I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherdsurrenders his soul in behalf of the sheep.The hired man, who is no shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong as his own, beholds the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them because he is a hired man and does not care for the sheep." John 10:7-13

In the early days of the Body of Christ, the "hired man" was the Levite priests... who, rather than come to aid and intervene when they KNOW the sheep are being abused, mistreated, and unkindly, unlovingly, HYPOCRITICALLY and thus wrongly... judged... by, at that time, the scribes and Pharisees (i.e., the wolves... in sheep's clothing)... left the sheep to that end, so that, as a result, they are "snatched" and "scattered."

TODAY... with regard to the WTBTS... the "hired man" is the GB... who, rather than come to the aid of the sheep... when they KNOW the sheep are being abused, mistreated, and unkindly, unlovingly, HYPOCRITICALLY, and thus wrongly judged... by the DOs, COs, and "elders" (again, WOLVES... in SHEEP'S CLOTHING)... leave the sheep to such ones, so that they are, again, snatched... and scattered.

They did it then because it was actually the Pharisees who "ran" the temple. As those "trained in the Law," they lorded it over the priests by resting on the premise that they KNEW MORE than the priests. Rather than stand up to them, however, the priests let the Pharisees (and Sadducees... and Sanhedrin)... run things.

They do it today... with regard to the WTBTS... because, again, it is the "Pharisees" (i.e., NON-anointed religious leaders) who actually run things and so lord it over such "priests" (the "anointed" GB - yeah, right) by resting on the premise that they know more than the "anointed" (by means of their "knowledge" of the WTBTS "laws"). And, just as back then, rather than STAND UP to these "pharisees," the so-called "priests" that are the GB... let the "pharisees" (which includes acting as "Sanhedrins" and so sitting in judgment ove God's sheep)... run things.

By DOING this, they (the GB)... and ALL those inside her who profess to be "anointed" (and thus, members of the Body and Bride of Christ)... constitute themselves ADULTRESSES... as to their supposed "husbandly owner," Christ. By following the "law" OF ANOTHER (i.e., the WTBTS)... they COMMIT FORNICATION... with the "kings"... OF THE EARTH... and thus PROFANE the very "union" they claim to be a part of. They are, therefore, part of Babylon the Great... the MOTHER... of the Harlots.

I exhort such ones: get OUT of Her and QUIT touching that UNCLEAN thing!

I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• freydo
    freydo

Why are jw's on apostate sites like this? That's grounds for df'g.

Doesn't it show a spirit of rebellion and disloyalty to their leaders, the fds and it's gb.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Ok, a got a couple of questions:

1. If the GB was chosen by Christ, were is the PROOF?

2. If they are followers of the Early Apostolic Church, and claim that they kept the 'truth' can they PROVIDE any Apostolic Succession?

• freydo
    freydo

Yesterday I had an opportuniity to spend time reading from Talmudic Oral Law. It was interesting. But at the very beginning, I'll quote as best i can, it said, "if anyone doubts even one word of this understanding of Torah they reject the whole word of God and are castigated as heretics"

Very wtbt$que. Like the wt, Jewish children learn their Torah, but the Talmud always comes first and trumps their understanding in all things.

• donny
    donny

4 Still, Christ found these same faithful anointed Christians doing their utmost to provide timely spiritual food for the household of faith. From 1879 onward, through thick and thin, they had been publishing Biblical truths about God's Kingdom in the pages of this magazine. Surely it would be more accurate to say he as in Russel than they Jesus had prophesied that "on arriving" to inspect his domestics during "the conclusion of the system of things," he would find a slave providing them "food at the proper time."

But if the Witnesses go and examine literature of this era they will find that it proclaimed that Jesus had arrived in 1874, not 1914. They were not on the watch because they believed he had already arrived some 40 years prior. How was this "food at the proper time?" Other than teaching non-Trinitarism, soul sleep, and no hellfire (which others believed as well), just what was so good about this "food" when virtually all of it had been proven "spoiled" by the passage of time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit