Which blood fractions JW's won't accept

by XPeterX 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was told by an elder that they should not donate because it might be mis used in a way that is against their beliefs.

I believe that this is the official WTS position and it smacks of piousness and paranoia.

Blood donations can be made on behalf of a single patient (friend or family member).

Even if the blood was occaisionally 'mis-used' against the donors wishes, the guilt whould lay with the 'mis-user', not the donor who was attempting to show love and respect to the intended recipient.

-Aude.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I was told by an elder that they should not donate because it might be mis used in a way that is against their beliefs.

Wonder if this applies to donated money that is used to cover up the pedophile scandals.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for posting that Aude,

reminds me of what Witnessmyfury said: "accuracy wins the day always as mistakes just gives them an easy out mentally."

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Think about it wrote: Wonder if this applies to donated money that is used to cover up the pedophile scandals.

Haha!! GREAT point!

I was going to make a comment in my post to the effect of business owners who choose to gamble, or waste money on alcohol, but your comment is EXACTLY on point. Thanks!!

-Aude.

• loosie
    loosie

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood

Blood is made up of blood plasma and various cells — red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Platelets help blood clot. Hemoglobin is found in red blood cells. White blood cells help fight infections and heal wounds.

There are five different kinds of WBCs. They are lymphocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, macrophages, and basophils. So if you have all of these you have white blood cells.

It just like if I gave you cherry pie filling, flour, sugar and a pie pan, and then said here ya go sorry I can't give you a cherry pie.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

xpeterx:

Can a JW for instance accept blood from others after it has been fractioned but instead of some components only be administered with all blood fractions?

As others have answered, yes, if their conscience allows it. But the Watchtower's 'Truth' is always evolving...for instance, in the mid-80's you would be disfellowshipped if you received an organ transplant, then, the day after New Light was printed in the mid 80's -- it was A.O.K -- according to your Watchtower trained conscience. The GB never did apologize for the thousands of deaths their former 'Truth' caused.

When my JW mom died needing a blood transfusion, hemoglobin (the insides of a red blood cell) was forbidden. Not long after...New Light was printed and it was now a 'conscience matter.' The Watchtower never apologized to me, my family or the thousands of others who lost faithful, sacrificed relatives to the Watchtower's Olde Light, New Light, Dim Light 'Truths'.

Please answer me on this simple question: Does Truth really ever change ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

No rabbit, the truth does not change.

• wasblind
    wasblind

real truth is solid as a rock

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

is it even possible to take blood fractions? these hospitals would just say either you take blood or you don't

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    these hospitals would just say either you take blood or you don't

I don't think so... There are many indications where whole blood is *not* given; it's not just a JW cause. Different medical issues call for different treatments, including various blood factions.

Also, the medical community routinely deals with medically-compromised situations and so must often custom tailor even common treatment to meet the needs and limits of the patient. JW conscience may be approached as a 'compromised situation' in order to treat the patient as a whole.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit