Does any version of the CD contain mags and books prior to 1970?

by notverylikely 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Just checking....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Possibly 1997.

I haven't verified that for myself. I suspect it only runs off the CD, but I haven't been able to burn one as all of my burners have died.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

if you have just a cd player you can rip it and make an ISO and use daemon tools to mount it on a virtual CD

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The 1993 version has Awake from 1980 - 1993

But it has the Watchtower from 1950 - 1993

Note that the versions of the Watchtowers are edited versions and are not exact copies of the original magazines

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It also has Yearbooks from 1980-1993

Our Kingdom Ministry 1970-1993

The 1993 copy that I have is an original copy but will not run on my computer using WinXP although it did work on earlier versions of Windows

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The 1993 copy that I have is an original copy but will not run on my computer using WinXP although it did work on earlier versions of Windows

If you could rip it and make an ISO, you could possibly run it in compatibility mode OR run it in a virtual machine :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just had a peek in the files and 1997 has GA to 1970 & WT to 1950, KN 17 - 35, KM to 1970, YB to 1970, so none older that WTLIB09

There might be some books that go back further than the WTLIB09.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Note that the versions of the Watchtowers are edited versions and are not exact copies of the original magazines

And that is just plain DISGUSTING in my opinion

How dare they re-write their own words to make it appear like they never said them.

All the older stuff is on the net as downloads...sorry but i cant remember where!

oz

• blondie
    blondie

Except for a quote in 1989, can anyone post places where the hard copy is different from what is on the CD?

"The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (Watchtower, January 1, 1989, p. 12, "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" [as originally published in the hard copy Watchtower magazine])

WT-CD

*** w89 1/1 p. 12 par. 8 “The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them” ***The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.

Here are some cases where a publication was edited from one hard copy publication to another.

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/changedhistory.htm

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't get overly excited Oz, and don't make it an issue with your Dubbies. There are bugger all changes on the CD. The 1989 one being the only one of real interest. That change occured before the CD, it is in the bound volume as well.

Also, there are embarassing statements on the CD that have not been changed.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit