FAO: Bane - You Mentioned the Eye

by cantleave 56 Replies latest jw friends

• ambersun
    ambersun
    Funny thing then that the intelligent designer who was/is presumable more complex than his creation didn't himself need a creator.

That's a very good point Steve2. It makes perfect sense to the likes of you and me but if you suggest this to a JW you are met with blank stares as if you are a sandwich short of a picnic for even thinking about it.

A long time before I faded I felt that evolution was a more feasible explanation for life on. Whenever I watched David Attenborough discussing evolution I couldn't help feeling it made perfect sense while other JWs in the house would be tutting and telling me to turn it off as he was talking nonesense. Instead I had to accept the story of Adam and his wife Eve the rib lady without questioning it.

However, the eye was always the stumbling block for me, but these videos have been extremely helpful in explaining how anything so complex as the human eye could have developed gradually as life itself evolved. I will make notes so next time someone smugly quotes the eye as 'proof' of creation I will be ready for them!

• BANE
    BANE

Want an answer about the eye Cantleave? To believe that it evolved is just CRAP! Why do we show kindness? Is that from evolution? There is no need for kindness in a survival of the fittest is there? How about laughter? Certainly not.

If you believe you are from a monkey, that is fine. Stupid, but fine.

I know I was created. We will both find out in the end though won´t we?

You guys not only have lost your faith in God´s organization but now God himself! NOW you even think you came from monkeys! IF we evolved from monkeys, WHY are there monkeys still around?

Whatever....When a person believes in evolution he has thrown his common sense right out the window.

REad the original Creation book and the followup to it that came out a few years later.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The original Creation book was written in the 1920s, I've read it. You possibly mean one of the later ones?

Loz x

• Think About It
    Think About It
    You guys not only have lost your faith in God´s organization but now God himself!

I'm really not sure or even care much since my JW days. Probably somewhere inbetween a Creator and evolution. What's really crap is to believe strickly in a Creator and that eternal salvation resides in following the teachings of that crazy cult also known as the WTS and JW religion. That crazy cult has been a constant evolution process to what it is today.

Think About It

• bohm
    bohm

BANE, educate yourself man!

Want an answer about the eye Cantleave?

he properly do, but he wont get it here because BANE cant provide one, just repeat obvious falsehoods and stupidity.

To believe that it evolved is just CRAP!

step 1: begin with the conclusion...

Why do we show kindness?

its a very good strategy for survival.

Is that from evolution?

yes

There is no need for kindness in a survival of the fittest is there?

there is, you are just stupid to realize it yourself, and to uneducated to have seen it.

How about laughter?

see above

Certainly not.

step 2: repeat the conclusion.

If you believe you are from a monkey, that is fine. Stupid, but fine.

we did not evolve from monkeys, stupid.

I know I was created.

step 3: repeat the conclusion

We will both find out in the end though won´t we?

You guys not only have lost your faith in God´s organization but now God himself!

irrellevant.

NOW you even think you came from monkeys!

no matter how much you repeat it, thats not what any of us believe.

IF we evolved from monkeys,

still didnt evolve from monkeys.

WHY are there monkeys still around?

if god created man from dirt, why is there still dirt around?

Whatever....When a person believes in evolution he has thrown his common sense right out the window.

i dont think you have made one valid statement in your post. you call misrepresenting the viewpoint of others common sence?

REad the original Creation book and the followup to it that came out a few years later.

either you didnt understand it, or its full of shit.

• nugget
    nugget

Bane in reference to your comment about kindness you make a common mistake in assuming that survival of the fittest means survival of the strongest. That is not what it means. It refers to the survival of the genes most likely to prolong the species. Or survival of the best qualities to continue the species. In some cases being stronger is an advantage and then stronger males will attract more females and have more offspring thus passing on that genetic code.

However other qualities can also make a male desirable. For example a mate that will show kindness will be more likely to assist in nurturing an infant increasing it's likelihood of survival and this would be a strong trait. It is entirely possible that this trait would be positively sought after and make mates who were less aggressive and altruistic more likely to pass on their genetic code since they would be attractive to prospective mates and their infants would also be more likely to survive. Over time this would become a dominant quality of the species.

Bane saying you're stupid and that makes you wrong would never stand up to scrutiny in any debating society in the world even my children know this and they are under 11. Present an argument with evidence. I am open minded and would love to be persuaded but being told I am sad is pretty poor as persuasive arguments go. Try again you never know logic may be hiding somewhere.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Why do we show kindness? Is that from evolution? There is no need for kindness in a survival of the fittest is there? How about laughter?

Ever heard of a Laughing Hyena?

Think About It

• zoiks
    zoiks

Bane's reply reflects a fundamental ignorance of the subject, but it isn't his fault. The deceptive creationist literature coming from the WTS, among other sources, guarantees that folks are exposed to as little real information on the subject as possible. I recall saying one or two of those lines myself, at one time.

Any education on the subject is eye-opening, for sure. Bane, why not pick up a book by Gould or Dawkins and see what scientists say on the subject? Read Nature or another journal. Just for the sake of honest debate.

• poppers
    poppers

Want an answer about the eye Cantleave? To believe that it evolved is just CRAP!

Wow - what a good answer. I'm convinced because there can be no arguing against such good reasoning.

NOW you even think you came from monkeys! IF we evolved from monkeys, WHY are there monkeys still around?

What a stupid statement if you think this is what evolution shows. Geeze, educate yourself on what evolution is just a little bit. As is you are a brilliant example of why people laugh at creationists.

See the following series of videos to see other reasons people laugh at creationists, beginning with this first one in the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit