Day 1 of the convention

by NiceDream 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I thought it was interesting about checking out the quotes too. I guess they're confident people will just be happy knowing they are there and not look them up. And if they do look them up and find they aren't in context, then they aren't "humble," because we're not supposed to question things.

You got it! It's the perfect scenario. "Humble" ones "trust" the organization--if you take them up on their invitation and discover that the quotes don't function in context quite as they're presented in the brochure, why then, that just proves you're not humble! I've heard from other sources that the speakers are encouraging readers to "check" the quotes in the bibliography--I'm guessing the criticisms about the Creation book were finally heard by someone higher up. It will be interesting to see whether the Society learned its lesson. The "Use Your Power of Reason" youtube video by Circuit Overseer mentions at least one misquote...

• booby
    booby

All the average witness would hear is "bibliography in the back" and knowing that the bibliography is true and reliable, written through jah's holy spirit, that is good enough for them.

• booby
    booby

Or they would look at one another with a puzzled look. What's that talking about. I have never checked their qoutes and never will. Wouldn't that be like reading ray franz's book. An apostate?

• Newborn
    Newborn

Sad sad sad

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That brochure, did it leak online, or on this board? I've got another month before my convention, dreading the thought. I'd love to research this bibliography that it seems like they're challenging us to do. Can someone scan this bibliography?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This thread has links to all the new releases, misery:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/193856/2/New-publications-2010

Thanks to yknot and her anonymous source!

• donny
    donny

All of the comments I have read about "convention highlights" make me actually feel sorry for those in attendance. It must be a real task to endure three days of that aural torture.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thanks Mad Sweeney!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit