Re-reading "Crisis of Conscience" again....

by ziddina 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Alice you are fucked up ...... baaaaad.

Or maybe you are just the master troll.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice you are fucked up ...... baaaaad.

Or maybe you are just the master troll."

I have to ask, what are you? Twelve years old? Your mommy should wash your mouth out with soap. Even better, she should launder your brain. I ask a question just get a basic understanding of the thinking of others and once again someone turns into something resembling a funny angry little chihuahua with a screen name. Anyone with that loose of a grasp of reality must have some serious issues focusing on anything at all. In short, if you can't take someone disagreeing or asking simple questions, I recommend that you might try turning off the computer and trying to get a handle on the "reality" thing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "Crisis of Conscience is a book about the struggle between loyalty to God and loyalty to one's religion."

Instead of asking an inane question, try making some commentary on the statement. Commentary of your own, not a cut and paste from someone else to try and change the subject.

• dgp
    dgp

Alice is simply doing her job. So I will ask her a question. When a Jehovah's witness talks about "God", doesn't he "evidently" mean YHWH? Yep, she will say that Ray Franz was disfellowshipped and whatever, but I wonder if the fact that someone is disfellowshipped is "evidence" enough to hold that the person isn't talking about YHWH. And Ray felt his crisis of conscience while he was a member in good standing of the Governing Body. That is a Jehovah's witness to me. Is it not, Alice?

And, since we're tallking about not becoming angry if someone disagrees, what happens with a Jehovah's witness in good standing who disagrees? That's a simple question, I guess, and I'm sure you can answer whether they are disfellowshipped, that is, pushed out, /reproved / marked /, or not. That sounds like not suffering disagreement to exist.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Commentary of your own, not a cut and paste from someone else to try and change the subject."

"Crisis of Conscience is a book about the struggle between loyalty to God and loyalty to one's religion."

I copied this from the book's synopsis and asked my own question. Being an athiest you should be able to relate.

• dgp
    dgp

What about my simple questions, which I am posing as an atheist?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Ziddina - To keep this on topic....I agree Ray's books are definitely eye openers. What a brave insightful man he was. To stand alone against the Org when you know that they're out of line takes such courage. He's helped so many of us who've been treated so badly and unjustly in God's name.

Loz x

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I still think Alice will see "the truth" one day (soon) and come out her false religion. Being on this forum is a first step toward the light.

Keep coming, Alice. You're almost there. Open your eyes and you will find yourself defending the indefensible.

You can make it. I have faith in you.

• darthfader
    darthfader

AIW

Since the Author of COC was a JW.. It goes without reason that the "God" referenced in your sentence is Jehovah. Since you didn't specifically list that name in your question, I would say the nearest name is Yahweh.

I would be tempted to pick Satan or maybe the Triple Goddess, but that would be baiting...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was in the military in the 1980's. Granted, we all enlisted- there were no draftees. But those that decided that military life was not for them counted the number of months and days (if not years) they had left. "I have 7 months, 23 days left." Ray would not have even heard the half of it as he would have been considered someone to be extra-polite to, no matter what a really nice guy he was, so I could imagine everyone just being nice in their answer to "How long have you been here?" and they couldn't answer how long they had left as they were supposedly going to be there until Armageddon.

Still, their answer clearly shows that Bethelites were counting the time first and foremost instead of "enjoying" the spiritual paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit