Jehovah the lunatic god

by transhuman68 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

And his people? they died?

please just stop, it's really silly to todays justice.......... a silly god with silly justice with silly people

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'll say this and then I will stop.

The God of the Bible did not authorize Jacob's sons.

The Bible reports this atrocity - not approves it.

Done.

Syl

• wobble
    wobble

"The Canaanites would have done the same" say Syl.

But should not the servants of a god who "IS love" be better behaved ?

And what were the Canaanites supposed to do later, just say to the Israelites, " yea, walk in, take our land " ?

According to the prophets God told his people to destroy even the children, to murder and enslave, are you saying he didn't Syl ?

The Israelis still think they have the right from God today to throw out the incumbents and steal land.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

It is true that Jehovah has never done anything, good or bad. Why get angry with a god that does not exist?

You might as well rage against Odin or Thor.

I personally prefer goddesses. I want a warm welcome and lots of comfort when I get to heaven.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    According to the prophets God told his people to destroy even the children, to murder and enslave, are you saying he didn't Syl ?

Not murder - slay. There is a difference.

Yes, even the children - who would have raised them?

No enslavement or oppression - the Israelites had been there before.

Syl

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    No enslavement or oppression

are you sure about this?

are very sure, for there were even rules for marrying virgins that you raped?

• tec
    tec

Back to the original post - Didn't God choose the Israelites based on a promise He made to Abraham about his descendants? Because of Abraham's faith?

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Leviticus 25:39 -43 "If one of your brothers becomes indigent and has to sell himself to you, don't make him work as a slave. Treat him as a hired hand or a guest among you. He will work for you until the Jubilee, after which he and his children are set free to go back to his clan and his ancestral land. Because the People of Israel are my servants whom I brought out of Egypt, they must never be sold as slaves. Don't tyrannize them; fear your God.

44 -46 "The male and female slaves which you have are to come from the surrounding nations; you are permitted to buy slaves from them. You may also buy the children of foreign workers who are living among you temporarily and from their clans which are living among you and have been born in your land. They become your property. You may will them to your children as property and make them slaves for life. But you must not tyrannize your brother Israelites. MSG

Is this what you have in mind?

I thought Wobble meant enslave the people whom the Israelites were commanded to fight.

I was trying to make the point that the enemies of Israel were to be wiped out completely, instead of languishing in slavery.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

To be sure, Tammy.

Deuteronomy 7:6 Do this because you are a people set apart as holy to God, your God. God, your God, chose you out of all the people on Earth for himself as a cherished, personal treasure.

7 -10 God wasn't attracted to you and didn't choose you because you were big and important—the fact is, there was almost nothing to you. He did it out of sheer love, keeping the promise he made to your ancestors. God stepped in and mightily bought you back out of that world of slavery, freed you from the iron grip of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know this: God, your God, is God indeed, a God you can depend upon. He keeps his covenant of loyal love with those who love him and observe his commandments for a thousand generations. But he also pays back those who hate him, pays them the wages of death; he isn't slow to pay them off—those who hate him, he pays right on time. MSG

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit