WHO SHUNS YOU IN YOUR JEHOVAH WITNESS FAMILY?

by BERNARD 27 Replies latest jw friends

• lydia
    lydia

Lets see.......
    My x Brother-in-law and his wife......
    All the old congregation - they treat me like I have the plague...
    Not that they hung around me much when I was in.. so no real loss for me -

Lyd

• TR
    TR

My brother started shunning me last year after I sent him a copy of the 1/1/89 WT article about the "preaching work being accomplished in our 20th century".

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Sometimes I wish my mother would shun me. But I've never been DF'd or DA'd so she won't. Everytime I see her now she starts weeping and begging me to read some of the WTS mags and books she gives me. I try to be the kind son, but it's very hard to do, knowing what I know about JW's.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are not DF'd or DA'd, but nearly all of our former friends shun us.

Family?
    My husband's youngest brother, and his wife and all three of their kids. I am blocked from their email, and they don't answer letters. I haven't tried calling them. They live in the same area as we do.

My sister in law's entire family, except one sister, are like us, and they freely associate with them. Who can figure? I guess they believe the rumors about us. Or we have demons flying out of our ears.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

It sounds like there is just so much love they have

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

My sister - whome I helped raise
    My BIL and SIL
    My MIL
    All my old friends except one who sneaks over every once in a while.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmm who doesn't????

Those who do

My mother - have only talked to her about 3 times in the last 5 years. She refused to go to my daughter's wedding 2 years ago because I was there

My ex -- well what can I say?
    and all his family of course

My grandmother and an aunt whom she lived with (and all that family)

another uncle and his family - wasn't invited to his kids' weddings

another uncle and his family (although they have very recently left and no longer shun me)

all of my old friends - every single one of them and as an ex-elder's wife and sign language interpreter I knew a lot of people

Rejoice in the healing and not in the pain.
    Rejoice in the challenge overcome and not in the past hurts.
    Rejoice in the present - full of love and joy.
    Rejoice in the future for it is filled with new horizons yet to be explored. - Lee Marsh 2002

• bea
    bea

all the jws in my fam (elder uncle, aunt, and 5 cousins) shun me most of the time. yet other times they are way respectful towards us and actually show some interest in our lives. i honestly don't ever know when they are being sincere, but afetr a long discussion about it with You Know, i just don't care anymore ... like Skipper says "You Go Yahweh - and I'll go Mine!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit