WHO SHUNS YOU IN YOUR JEHOVAH WITNESS FAMILY?

by BERNARD 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

Most people are under the impression that the watchtower
    don't break up families, well people lets give them a
    few examples. since I left the jehovah witnesses my mother
    in law has not spoken to me in two years since i left
    the watchtower. Yes, me and my wife are still together
    with two beautiful kids. Why she can't speak to me ?
    please more examples, who shuns you in your family ?

let's let the world see the examples of watchtower love in
    the shunning way!

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

Gee, this is cheering me up.

Who shuns me?

Mother -- annointed so she says

Younger brother -- was my best friend

Ex-inlaws - family, ex-wife's side

Former friends -- scores and scores.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Mother & Father unless I call or write.Otherwise I'd never hear from them again!

Mother & Father inlaw
    brother & sister inlaw

Aunt and uncle
    Great aunt & uncle
    cousins from those aunts and uncles

cousins and aunt and uncles on my husbands side

To make a long story short,ALL JW family shuns us even though we aren't DF or DA.

WT lies.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Mother - not a jw
    sister - is jw
    brother - inlaw - is jw
    all from my ex cong.
    shit happens - they loose out
    Lets not forget other relatives aunts, uncles, and all those who talk about you behind your back,yet gossip is considered a bad thing.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

My:
    Sister--turned us in
    brother in law-- witness against me at heresey trial
    neice--only 3 though can't blame her
    aunt--moms sis
    uncle
    uncle
    aunt--moms sis
    aunt--moms sis
    aunt--moms sis
    aunt--moms sis-in-law
    uncle
    aunt--dad's sis
    grama
    grama
    cousin

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• cellomould
    cellomould

I was not invited to my cousin's wedding in November....
    For what reason?

Well, my own engagement was terminated a few months earlier. Wouldn't want to be a bad influence, would I? Maybe I would stand up and say "FUCK MARRAIGE!"

The most I have told my family is that I 'had doubts'. They know that I do not attend the meetings regularly. (I did not say that it has been 10 months and that I don't plan to return)

Well, personally I know that I am not even close to being a believer.

But I don't bite

cello the evil heartbreaker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• flower
    flower

too many people to name actually but to start with my father has been basically shunning me since i was a teenager even though i was still in the org. i apparently wasnt active enough and wasnt displaying a love for the truth or setting theocratic goals. i wasnt doing anything 'wrong' mind you..just not good enough.

my three sisters followed suit after i stopped going to the meetings although i wasnt df'd or anything. it just appeared that i no longer wanted to be part of the org so in their opinion is the same thing as being df'd.

my moms sister and her husband started around the same time my sisters did. everyone in the congregation started about the same time too. i was inactive and going only occasionally to meetings so in their minds i was 'wordly'.

anyway, all shunning rules are in full effect now by any and every jw who knows who know my status as i am now df'd.

sometimes it doesnt bother me at all and i am like 'f*** them i dont care what they think of me'. but other times after going day after day living in the same house with them i feel so sick of being looked down upon as not good enough to even have my presence acknowledged unless its to express a negative opinion about me or something i've done.

thinking i gotta start playin the lottery..'cant win if you dont play'. isnt that what they say? :)

flower

• orbison
    orbison

all of my four children:(

wendy

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I just wanted to mention that I think most of us have more family outside of the JWs than in but we are also alienated from them because they were shunned or cut off by us when we became JWs.

We can rebuild or start new relationships with these family members but it takes time and is not always easy.
    So this contributes to the lonelyness we feel.

It takes courage and humility to admit we were wrong and iniciate new relationships.

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

3 Sisters
    3 Nephews
    2 Nieces
    3 Aunts
    Countless cousins
    In-laws & the like

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit