I love my job... I get to go to really kool places. Anyone else love their job?

by coffee_black 31 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

I start my new job Tuesday at a local used computer parts store. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yeah, the people you work with can make a big difference.

I'm in my own little world though... I don't have too much contact with others in my company except by phone, and the occasional meeting...and trade shows from time to time. Mostly I plan my own days. I cover eastern MA within 495 and south of the turnpike... so one day I'll be in Boston, the next in Plymouth, or maybe Wellesley... I was in Hingham today... by the Harbor. http://www.hingham-ma.gov/index.html get to enjoy the sights along the way...

Ahhh...and all my paperwork is done for this week....

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

Now Coffee, if you did the same job in Iowa or Nebraska, would it be as cool?

Personally, I think darn near anything would be nice in Mass, I love that joint.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

You're right, beks... New England is a special place. It's home...born and raised here... lived other places...including 20 years + in Florida (in fact, covered half the state of Florida for a past job). Didn't like any of it. New England has so much history, so many museums, amazing culture....and it's beautiful...so what could be better? Plus I work for one of the top window manufacturers in the country, with a great reputation...and get to work with some of the top architects in the country...

Really wouldn't want to live anywhere else...

Lol...just saw your reference to Iowa.... my company is based there... and I've been to headquarters many times over the past 9 years... so no... wouldn't want to actually live there... it's completely flat. My company is in Pella Iowa... and is named after the town.

Coffee

• agonus
    agonus

"Now Coffee, if you did the same job in Iowa or Nebraska, would it be as cool?"

Oh, now you've gone and done it. You stirred the Husker Hive...

GO BIG RED!

311... BEST BAND EVER!

ALEXANDER PAYNE... BEST WRITER/DIRECTOR EVER!

NFM... BEST GODDAMN FURNITURE STORE IN THE COUNTRY!

Yes, that really is the best we have to offer. Sad, no? (well, except maybe for Alex Payne)

• agonus
    agonus

Not to mention birthplace of L. Ron Hubbard!

Oh... wow... shit... did I really just say that? Talk about Hall of Shame...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Agonus,

Nebraska is one of the few States I have never been to.

Coffee

• agonus
    agonus

Well, in that case, don't adjust your schedule to drop by. Trust me, you ain't missin' much.

• loosie
    loosie

I love my job as well. I work for a mental health facility as a med aide. I always hear funny stories, The nurses I work with have the best sense of humor. No one is uptight.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I love my job, too. People call me from all over the country, tell me their troubles, we peek into the future and figure out how to do some Coincidence Managementâ„¢...

Oh, hell, I'll just say it: I'm a tarot reader and rootworker, and not only is business picking up, but the results are better than they've ever been, too. More details here ...

And here.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit