I love my job... I get to go to really kool places. Anyone else love their job?

by coffee_black 31 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I saw the thread about being tired of one's job...and it got me thinking. While there are things about my job that I'm not particularly fond of (like the paperwork) I have to say I really have nothing to complain about... Here are a few reasons why...some of the fun stuff...

As part of my job I attend CSI meetings (Construction Specifications Institute) We have monthly dinner meetings, usually at Maggiano's in Boston. Last month we had a special event and toured the new Shalin Liu Center for Chamber Music in Rockport, MA It was designed by one of the firms I call on.... sits on the water...fabulous site. Got to tour all the nooks and crannies of this place... take a peek! http://rcmf.org/newperformance.html

Today I was invited to the ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of the Marlborough Country Clubs' new Function Room. and cocktail party that followed. We supplied the windows, one of my architects designed it... http://www.marlboroughcountryclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp

It was a gorgeous day, and I was early, so I stopped along the way to visit the Longfellow's Wayside Inn in Sudbury, MA. Oldest Inn in the Country... in a beautiful setting. There's even an old Gristmill and waterfall.. http://www.wayside.org/ Gonna go there for lunch one day soon. Really enjoyed the day today, and I'm realizing I have a lot to be grateful for...

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

I love my job too. I have always been a reader, and had an almost reverence for books. I used to manage one of the big bookstores, thinking it was all about books, but no, it was just retail and the product didn't matter. Then I got in at the Library. Just wonderful. I progressed to the point of Library Assistant, doing Reference. I love the search for knowledge. I was very fortunate to come up in a system that did not require a degree to get to that point. Very few do not require a degree for that position. Most recently, I have been part time, then very part time and with all the budget cuts, I have essentially lost my job. I may get a day a month. sigh

• wasblind
    wasblind

ok coffee black,

I'm jealous, ok i said it, I'm jealous

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I love my job, of course having a nice phat salary at the end of the month being deposited in your bank account is also a nice thing.

My boss doesn't micromanage, I get to use my expertise the way I see fit, and get to tell VP's to spend 3/4 of a million $$$ on projects I'm promoting. It can all change, but I'm hoping it lasts long enough for another year or so. Then I'll have enough saved for a round the world trip...

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Beks, Sounds wonderful... it's awful that there has been so many cutbacks. I love our library here... it's a small suburb, but the library is top rate. They've cut back on hours too..though not too bad. I hope things change so that you can get back to the work you love...sounds like you've found your niche!

Wasblind... Lol!

Coffee

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm very lucky that my salary was just "extra". It was more about the work. I can't complain, there are too many hurting out there.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Soldier77 Wow! I'm impressed.

Well, it's past my bedtime... time to turn in... 'night all!

Coffee

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

I love my job as well! I work in the ICU at a local hospital.

Codes and emergencies are right up my alley. The nurses I work with are awesome and I have learned a great deal about a feild I love over the last two years.

I am currently enlisted in the Army and go to BCT september 15th, I hope I will love being a Combat Medic as well

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I love my job too, only problem I work for a lame company

• beksbks
    beksbks

So CS, if you are going to be a Combat Medic, does that mean you will need to be in a combat zone???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit