Convention

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I am off to convention tomorrow. For the first time in my life I don't want to go...but I have to, this sucks.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Good luck!

One thing to look for:

Watch all the drones start clapping EVERY SINGLE TIME a speaker changes the tone of his voice to "I want you all to clap" tone.

Lemings I tell you LEMINGS!

-Sab

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I HATED the frenzied clapping especially near the end of the DA. Drove me NUTTZ.

Cheers

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Well you then get to take receipt of the new brochures, including "The Origin of Life" which I have posted a large number of the references. Hre is a great youtube video to warm you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9lFOdN9yR8

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Don forget all the reminders that have already been considered on this forum. Lepel badge. Taking good notes of anything that might be of interest to US. Dress appropriately. And don't forget to practice the new songs, if about 50 people sound like a car dying, I can only imagine what 5000 must sound like.

Jedi Master

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Or, better yet, don't even attempt to sing the new Kingdumb maladies. If no one even bothered trying, the "music(??)" would sound completely absurd.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just take along something else to read, some binoculars to count sleepers, and put cocktails in your plastic drink bottles. Be sure to bring enough to eat so that you'll be sleepy all afternoon.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my last convention 2 years ago I didn't want to go but must say I enjoyed because it was so clear to me how "off" they are. I loved looking around and trying to see if anyone else saw the same thing...

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Watch out for over weight jw's.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Maybe I'll see you there! This is the first one I'm not looking forward to either. I plan on wandering around with my toddler for most of it.

I'm excited to see if there are any apostates outside again this year...I may give them a wink to let them know I'm on their side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit