Christopher Hitchens to Undergo Cancer Treatment

by XJW4EVR 29 Replies latest social current

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Obviously I don't agree with MUCH that Hitchins says and I never cared for the WAY he says it, but that is his way and I respect that.

I do hope he gets well soon and has a good and speedy recovery.

My prayers to him and his family to strengthen them in their time of need.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I love Hitchens. He would probably hate me for saying this, but he is in my prayers.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

XJW

I hope he recovers. I'd love to hear that debate.

Did you read or hear about his brother Peter's book?

"The Rage Against God" (subtitle in US editions: How Atheism Led Me to Faith)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Did you read or hear about his brother Peter's book?
    "The Rage Against God" (subtitle in US editions: How Atheism Led Me to Faith)

Thats sounds interesting.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Yea, I'll probably pick it up.

• designs
    designs

Not anecdotal sadly enough, it was actually said to us (when I was an active JW) by the local Calvary Chapel pastor.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Not anecdotal sadly enough, it was actually said to us (when I was an active JW) by the local Calvary Chapel pastor.

Matthew 5:44

But I tell you this: Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.

Not that I consider Hitchens to be an enemy anyway, but if this is true, it is very disappointing.

BTS

• designs
    designs

Mean religions..........

• Scully
    Scully

I enjoy reading and listening to Christopher Hitchens' books. He's a brilliant man and I'm gutted to hear that he's so ill.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The brooding Mr. Hitchens:

I hope he gets the best treatment available. This company has a breakthrough in head and neck cancers, but it isn't yet on the market:

http://www.biovex.com/

They've reengineered the herpes simplex virus so that it attacks cancer, and only cancer. The virus essentially "eats cancer."

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit