Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity - Mormons and Catholics

by donny 17 Replies latest social current

• donny
    donny

I was looking at some clips of Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity over the weekend and I notice how much they admire each others religion. When Sean talks about Mitt Romney or Glenn Beck, he mentions that they are great men who love the lord and are examples of "great Americans".

Then you have Glenn Beck talking about a recent trip to the Vatican where he felt Gods presence and even had a person there tell him that "we know you are and what you are doing is terribly important."

What is so funny is that if you visit websites of the mentioned religions, they do not view the other as "good." The Mormon websites view Catholicism as they do all other religions which is they are no longer used by God. On the other hand, the Catholic websites state that Mormonism is not even Christian. They will not even call them "Protestant" because Protestants do hold some truths.

So is it not strange that both of the guys will take a swipe at secularlists and athetists every time they get a chance while at the same time pretending they are on the same team. Their respective religions beg to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPfV8DwCf3U

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Right wing commentators use religion to push their own economic interests. They have no interest in religion in and of itself, only as a tool to keep the masses in subjection.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Which is to say, I'm certain Hannity believes that Beck will burn in Hell for all eternity. In the meantime, Beck is actively working against Hannity's "enemy" -- Liberals.

It's no more complicated than this, IMHO.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Which is to say, I'm certain Hannity believes that Beck will burn in Hell for all eternity.

You think these guys really believe that stuff?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Why is it strange? They are both political protstitutes. They do have some good stuff to say, but they still have to "maintain in touch with a wide audience" and that means accepting other forms of Christianity, even if their faith doesn't.

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    You think these guys really believe that stuff?

I certainly think Hannity believes in Hell. He's an extremely conservative Catholic.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Which is to say, I'm certain Hannity believes that Beck will burn in Hell for all eternity. In the meantime, Beck is actively working against Hannity's "enemy" -- Liberals.

I don't know what Hannity really believes, of course, but Catholics don't teach that Mormons will necessarily burn in Hell, despite the fact that they dispute their particular beliefs as incorrect. Catholics don't, in fact, teach this about any other religion in terms of blanket statements. I am not familiar enough with modern Mormonism to comment on what they believe.

BTS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I certainly think Hannity believes in Hell. He's an extremely conservative Catholic.

I suppose there are some right wingers dumb enought to believe their own rhetoric, Hannity could be one of them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hannity wants Beck to burn in Hell. He would love to see him renounce his heretical, cult ways and join the mother church.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Wonder what they think about Greta van Susterain's "religion"?

Strange that she tries to keep it secret and that it is never mentioned in her broadcasts or by others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit