Karma's a bitch

by keyser soze 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Corinthians 3:20 He exposes the chicanery of the chic.
    The Master sees through the smoke screens
    of the know-it-alls. MSG

No one ever really gets away with anything.

No one.

Syl

• dreamweaver09
    dreamweaver09

Tec

Especially when one of the foundations is meant to be morality. And then sit there presiding over others and giving judgement and punishment.

You think of the time you put in. Meetings, field service, study. The things you give up, pass on. For what to cheap. What a saddo.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Surely, this is God's Organization!

• Mary
    Mary

Is this not another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing this Organization??

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

To think of the guilt I felt whenever I did something wrong!

And then to find out what some elders get away with!

However if this elder leaves the Witnesses after being DFed, and gets on with his life, it could actually be a blessing in disguise for him. So in a sense maybe the worse punishment would have been if he got away with it and remained a self-rightoues elder the rest of his days.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KEYSER SOZE,

I could never understand how somebody who purportedly claims to believe in the 'true God', could do what he did while in his position. When I hear things like this I cannot help but believe that many JWs do not actually believe in God. Maybe they believe he either doesn't exist or isn't listening. Certainly they don't really expect punishment. They are simply experts at fooling themselves.

Sadly, he may not get all the Karma he deserves and will just get remarried and come in with a different wife at some future date and will be seen raising his hand and giving comments with the new lady at his side like nothing ever happened. I have seen it before.

The religion must be a big hypocritical joke to some JWs. And I don't think they can claim 'weakness' in many cases. I am just not buying that excuse. At the very least, a man who is carrying on should have stepped down as an elder. He could have given some excuse like a 'health problem'. Then he could have carried on and been LESS of a hypocrite about it. If he ever caused any real problem for anybody in any Judicial Committee he HYPOCRITICALLY presided on, I hope he suffers for it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

where's alice/reniaa on these issues?

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

If you're not going to do it wholeheartedly, and because you really believe in it, then why do it?

Answer- They love the power trip and control over others.

• luna2
    luna2

I knew someone who's ex was an elder who did this too. They apparently think themselves exempt from the "rules" they are happy to enforce for everbody else. What's sad is that most JWs look at a situation like this and feel it justifies their faith that Jevhover will expose these things "in his own time".

• AGuest
    AGuest

I could never understand how somebody who purportedly claims to believe in the 'true God', could do what he did while in his position.

My Lord understood it, dear LHG (may you have peace!)... and explained it:

“The... Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses.Therefore all the things they tell YOU , do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the [scripture-containing] cases that they wear as safeguards, and enlarge the fringes [of their garments].They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues,and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men."

Then he said of them:

“Woe to YOU... Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in."

And...

"Woe to YOU... Pharisees, hypocrites! ... YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves."

And...

"Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!"

And...

“Woe to YOU... Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean."

And...

“Woe to YOU... Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness.In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

Then he said, of such ones:

“Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are YOU to flee from the judgment of Ge·hen´na?"

Yep, karma is a... I mean, what goes around comes... I mean... well, you get what I mean.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit