How many people do you suppose forgo attempting to run their own business because they have family and need health insurance?

by gubberningbody 10 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm on a Canadian forum and what amazes me is the number of people who are either pursuing their dream, or running their own businesses because they think of health care like it's air.

I wonder how much better the economy would be if we weren't all scared into serfdom.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just had this conversation with my sister yesterday.

A long discussion on health care and I brought this up to her.

I think lots of people are trapped in jobs because that is their only way for healthcare.

Nancy Pelosi in her last talk before the vote on the health care bill brought this out,

I have tried to get her last comments on the subject as it was moving, and very hopeful.

It would open up entrepreneurs, IMO, to explore and contribute. An asset to all.

My sister and I would like to start a business together, she has health ins and plans to always

have it, I have none, so I would not lose anything by starting the business in that way.

We would have to be at a place where she has ins before she would quit her job,

which is ok, just hope it does not take too long.

purps

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not an issue here in the UK. The good old NHS provides for all.........at the moment!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Didn't stop me.

BTS

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

BTS, that's not an argument, that's an observation. On the otherhand it is a logical fallacy. If you want to know which one it is and you think about it really hard, and then ask someone who's nothing at all like you, then you might hear them explain it to you. This won't mean that you'll have any idea what the explanation means. It'll probably sound "faggy" to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_3o3BrI

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Didn't stop me.

BTS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Not that anyone on this board will ever know if BTS is telling the truth about his various business ventures or not.

So I think it's safe to say he isn't, since he generally has a convenient personal anecdote for whatever political argument he's currently engaged in.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

SixOfNine doesn't tell people about his bizarre sexual habits.

BTS

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

did not stop me neither.

we pay for health insurance and pay taxes.

monthly taxes, quarterly, and yearly

• JeffT
    JeffT

Health care for a company is a legitimate, tax deductable expense. That are a lot of other, bigger roadblocks to starting your own business.

Jeff Thomas

DBA Sound Numbers

WA state reg # 602 610 966

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit