Recomend movies for ex JWs?

by highdose 22 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

I would be interested, these might be inspiring movies or maybe movies that we were never allowed to watch as JWs?

• asilentone
    asilentone

shawshank redemption!

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

American history x American beauty 2 excellent stories that'll leave you thinking.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. My JW sister watched it because I told her it was great, and then she whined for days about how I "made" her watch a movie with *TWELVE. F-WORDS. IN IT(!!!)* Yup, she counted. The rest of the movie and its beauty went completely over her head.

Also good are Pieces of April and Amélie and Moulin Rouge and Revengers Tragedy and The Legend of 1900.

• confliction
    confliction

How about......

.....ALL OF THEM!

Lol, but seriously, I like American Beauty- it's... a different perspective on things.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Pineapple express, airplane, the omen (excellent religious movie) semi-pro, fear and loathing in las vegas, donnie darko.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The Mosquito Coast. An oldie but a goodie.

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

V for Vendetta. Equilibrium.

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

Also interested in movies that would resonate with an ex-jw...

Any good JW parallel movies?

• steve2
    steve2

There are so many movies that have a special message for the hassled ex-JW. Each one conveys in its own way, Boy, what a sucker you were.

Poseidon Adventure - which is an unintentional analogy about how few people survive getting out of an overturned and then sunken cruise liner. You could say the liner is the Watchtower Society and you still managed to rise from the depths.

Jaws is another great movie. Imagine how much harder it would have been to go door to door if sharks lived on land. And you complained at the time!

Oceans 13 is a good remake. That's about the number of times you once had to visit a Not At Home until you found someone at home. Now you have the luxury of not even needing to find someone not at home ever again. Calm yourself down.

Day After Tomorrow may be too close for comfort for Jws and ex-JWs. At least in this fictional account, the end of the world actually happens. In real life, it's like on permanent delay.

Last Tango in Paris is a good antidote for wild, abandoned lust: It reveals through all sorts of weird camera angles how dreadfully mundane and ridiculous looking sexual lactivity is.

The Hours is a mystifying movie, a very long and unfulfilling view. Its chief virtue is it serves as a validation of what it was like putting in all The Hours you wasted preaching door to door: Long and unfulfilling.

Hey, this is depressing. I advise taking a break from movies for a while. They're all bringing back way too many Watchtower memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit