Would taking the Harp book from the KH library be stealing?

by EndofMysteries 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Can anyone verify, but aren't those supposed to be trashed? There are no pre 1950's WT in there anymore. I saw that book there though, wondering if once an elder realizes it, will it be trashed or not? In that case, would taking it be stealing, to preserve it?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If it won't be trashed if known I def won't, just wanna save it if it's gonna be destroyed or if elders had been given instructions to trash them.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, officially you could be "borrowing" it and forget to return it on time like at a regular lending library. At least, if you're caught taking it, that's the story I would go with. Tell them you thought it was a lending library.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I would see why not. We had tons of JWs who are growing old or died that had WT bound volumes no one wanted them.

• carla
    carla

Aren't libraries for borrowing? hmm, silly me! not in dubland?

• debator
    debator

You would be condemned by your own conscience. You would know you were taking it never to return it for your own usage to either keep or sell.

Matthew 19:19
    Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do notsteal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' "

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Be sure to show them your UN Library Card first, then feel free to take it home for review.

• villabolo
    villabolo

EndofMysteries says:

Can anyone verify, but aren't those supposed to be trashed? There are no pre 1950's WT in there anymore. I saw that book there though, wondering if once an elder realizes it, will it be trashed or not? In that case, would taking it be stealing, to preserve it?

Go for it and hurry! I'd grab it even if it wasn't going to be trashed. I call it Theocratic Warfare.

villabolo

• carla
    carla

Debator, maybe they just want to borrow it so they can post it online in its entirety so all can have the benefits of the spritual feast the wt/Russell have laid out for all. Don't you want to share such 'valuable' information? shame on you, thinking the worst of this fine poster without knowing all the facts, tsk, tsk, rather judgemental don't you think?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You would know you were taking it never to return it for your own usage to either keep or sell.

No he wouldn't. Did you even read his post? He would take it so that it wouldn't be thrown away (that is what "trashed" means) and ONLY IF it was likely to be thrown away would he take it to preserve it for posterity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit