Does it make a difference if you are kind to a witness?

by dgp 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Does it make a difference to whom? You? Them? IMO, i try to be kind to everyone I meet. No matter what their circumstances in life. When I was still active, I would have conversations with Mormons and even take some of the literature they offered. I remember how nice it was to have a decent conversations while out in fs, so I thought, ah, why not?. When it comes to a witness, what other posters have already said is very true. You'll never be but a nice "worldly" person who'll be destroyed cuz you don't go to meetings and try to live up to the expectations of the GB. And most of them will be nice to you, as long as it is within the social set-up you interact with them, ie: school, work, neighbors, etc. But, never on a personal/friend level. It's all superficial.

Jedi Master

• dgp
    dgp

I understand and appreciate the posts. I just wanted to know whether it would make a witness think. I suppose it depends on the person, as in any other group. Some would take advantage of the kindness, others would appreciate it.

I agree that the religious background of a person should not matter in your treating them kindly.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

To most JWs there is a such person as a "nice worldly person." You know like, "oh that lady is so nice, she could be a JW." I've known plenty of "nice worldly" people. It's like that person is really nice, but they are still going to get destroyed for not serving Jehovah. I was taught that even the "nice worldlies" must be kept at arms length.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In the case of a JW boy, of course showing kindness makes a difference. When JW's tell him about evil outsiders, particularly former JW, he will see a difference between what they say and what he sees.

As for adults, I would go out of my way to be kind to the rudest of JW's that know who I am, if that were the case. It would be like rubbing salt into a wound. "Kill them with kindness." It would show that I don't stoop to their level and it would only "kill" them because of their own attitude.

While I have not been ill-treated by JW's, I did go out of my way to greet my P.O. at an airport after he had been avoiding me for literally hours. I have greeted JW's friendly enough in public when we crossed paths. If that bothered them, I would seek them out and do it more.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I am very nice as long as I don't know them.

If I bump into those from my old Hall......... I go beserk.... you know Bandit Style.

• dgp
    dgp

Thank you, guys!

• knows better
    knows better

the only difference it seems to make is it makes them wonder what kind of defect you have cause your not a witness.

they don't process that good people are not witnesses. they aren't allowed to. sad really.

but from my experience they have no problem "taking" from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit