Love Story Ends Unhappily Ever After

by Bangalore 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherah
    sherah

I know two dub sisters who married Nigerian men on a fiance visa. One couple, the nigerian hubby left her after a couple of years. The other couple, the nigerian hubby is racking up student loans, expensive car note, credit card bills - she's the primary bread winner. Unfortunately, the dub's are breeding ground for this type of situation because of their stance on marrying unbelievers.

• wasblind
    wasblind

scully,

all nigerians aren't scammers and look for a free ride, that's like saying all jews are cheats, all blacks are lazy, and all whites are racist and all muslims blow up planes. Yes there are scammers in nigeria and it's very unfortunate that she didn't do her home work. But don't let that cloud your judgement in respect to individuals.

• Scully
    Scully

wasblind,

I agree that painting all Nigerians with the "scammer" brush would be a broad generalization. However, this Nigerian guy pulled a scam on the woman in the article to gain entry to Canada. He used her emotionally and financially. Yes, she was an idiot for being too desperate that she didn't do her homework and have him thoroughly checked out before getting too emotionally involved. He had to manipulate her and pretend to be in love with a woman old enough to be his mother.

The fact that he's both Nigerian and a scammer makes him a Nigerian scammer. Maybe not of the calibre that our buddy Nosferatu likes to mess with, but a scammer - a Nigerian one - nonetheless.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I agree that painting all Nigerians with the "scammer" brush would be a broad generalization."

yes is is.

• luna2
    luna2

Gal is an idiot. Sorry, but some young Nigerian guy isn't interested in a middle-aged white woman for anything but gaining citizenship. When you're in your 50's its a strange place. You can remember very well being young while you're staring "elderly" in the face. I think it causes you to do stupid things as you try to deny reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit