Help with irrefutable arguments- creating dissonance

by confliction 64 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

WOW, SweetBabyCheezits, great frst post! Welcome.

• confliction
    confliction

Somebody give SweetBabyCheezits a gold medal or something - whoah.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Ask about 607BC, get them to give you proof. And not wts nonsense about 539-2+70=607 but actual archeaological evidence for this event.

And reason with them this way,

If 607BC is wrong then 1914 is wrong and Jesus never returned and never appointed faithful and discreet slave in 1919 thus gb is a FRAUD, self appointed men who are nothing more than a bunch of liars. Stick to the topic and don't go any further than this until they give you some evidence. After that you can question anything as GB doesn't have a holy spirit and are self appointed :)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Ooooops, sweetbaby!

Try again!!

• watson
    watson

Marking. This is a goodie.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bennyk:

I find that more often times than not, this question you ask is raised due to a failure on the part of those who have been baptized to comprehend what it means for someone to have God’s spirt in them or for God’s spirit to be operative upon them. At 1Thessalonians 4:3-8, the apostle Paul states that whomever it is that has God’s spirit in them "that shows disregard," even contempt, for what things they have learned to be God’s will, he or she is showing disregard, but not for man, not for the brother or sister from whom they came to learn the truth, but for God, since it was He that put His holy spirit in them. Everything that we read in the Bible is God-breathed, that is, these things were written down by some 40 men that were inspired by God to do so, and while there are many people today that have voiced many doubts as to whether God had anything at all to do with the passages we read in our Bibles today, for many of us that have studied the Bible for many, many years, we have no doubts whatsoever as to whose thoughts were written down by these men.

I know you remember the following words that Jesus uttered when praying on behalf of his followers back then that had been actively taking in knowledge of his Father, the only true God, Jehovah, and of the Lord Jesus Christ: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ"; these familiar words I've quoted from John 17:3. But focusing on the words "taking in knowledge," to what "knowledge" do you suppose Jesus was referring here? At John 17:17 refers to this "knowledge" of God and Christ as being "the truth: "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth." When Jesus says what he does at John 17:3, he was referring to "the truth," and he left us in no doubt as to what the truth is, Jesus stating here that God's word "is truth."

I would note that earlier, by what Jesus says at John 14:16, 17, about "the helper" being with us forever, he refers to this "helper" as "the spirit of the truth," and says that while we ourselves would "know" the "helper" because the spirit of the truth "remains" with us and is also in us, the world cannot receive the helper because the world can neither "behold" or discern the truth, nor does it possess the knowledge that we have. Why?

At 1 Corinthians 2:13, 14, the apostle Paul tell us why, saying that "a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him," and so Paul points out that this is why the world "cannot get to know them," since the things 'taught by the spirit of the truth' can only be "examined spiritually." But at 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, Paul goes to say about those brothers that walk according to "the spirit of the world" with jealousy and strife, that they aren't walking as "spiritual men," but, rather, as "fleshly men," that they are walking as "babes in Christ," for unlike the physical man, these "fleshly" Christians have some knowledge the truth. Just as Jesus had God's spirit and sanctified himself by means of the truth for our sake by making himself "a vessel for an honorable purpose, ... useful to his owner," those that also have God's spirit have themselves been sanctified as 'vessels for an honorable purpose' according to God's will through the offering of Jesus' ransom "once for all time." (John 17:19; 2 Timothy 2:21; Hebrews 10:10)

So then whether one should be a spiritual man or woman or a fleshly man or woman, you have come to know the spirit of the truth, and this is not something that a physical man or woman in the part of the world that is alienated from God can say. Consequently, the reason you can understand at least some of what I'm saying here in this post is because some of God's spirit is in you; for example, were I to say to you that the account at Luke 16:19-31 about the rich man and Lazarus is a parable and is not to be taken literally, or that Jesus died on a Friday and rose on a Sunday, or even that 1 John 5:7 as rendered in the KJV Bible, your knowing these things proves the validity of what Jesus says at John 14:16, 17, about "the spirit of the truth" being with us forever, even if you should now blaspheme this same spirit by suggesting that God's spirit cannot operate upon a false prophet; of course it can.

Did God's spirit operate on Balaam despite the fact that he was himself a false prophet that orchestrated the events that led to the deaths of 24,000 Israelites? According to what God's spirit breathed into Moses and into the apostle Peter, whether you should now accept nothing of all that the Bible teaches, is your answer to this question Yes or no? (See Numbers 24:2; 2 Peter 2:16)

If, on one hand, your opposition to the things you were taught by the spirit of the truth should be due to deception or imperfection, God's knows, but if, on the other hand, your opposition to God's spirit should be both wilful and deliberate actions on your part, then as someone that knows the truth, such blasphemy will never be forgiven you.

As to that statement of yours questioning whether or not the fact that the association of Jehovah's Witnesses today is the only Christian group that is preaching the established kingdom of God in the hands of Jesus Christ evinces that what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today fulfills Jesus' prophecy, may I ask you: Do you know of any other Christian group, apart from Jehovah's Witnesses, that you know to be preaching and declaring God's kingdom as mankind's only hope for a witness to all of the nations on the planet that they are able to reach with this message as foretold at Matthew 24:14? If so, what is the name of this Christian group.

Lastly, you asked if I honestly believed Jesus would appoint the faithful and discreet slave over all of his belongings when the organization itself would be "rightly branded apostate" by "its own published standard," and I believe the 'faithful slave' was so appointed by Jesus even though you believe them to be apostates.

• wobble
    wobble

"what is the name of this Christian group ?"

The Seventh Day Adventists (who came out of the same movement and tradition as Chazzer Russell) are preaching in the same number of countries and preach the Good News that Jesus and Paul spoke of, not some weird interpretation of what was written in a book (Revelation) long after Jesus spoke, they Baptise many more each year than do the JW's ,and they baptise into the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, not into a publishing organization.

Just one example. Not that I am claiming they have the "Truth" or are the true religion, but what they teach is much closer to the Bible than the WT crap.

Why, in the light of Besty's excellent question, do you believe in the 1919 appointment ? Just because you want to, when there is no proof ?

You are free to do so, and to believe in the Tooth-fairy and Santa Claus too, both of which have more seeming proof than the 1919 appointment of Rutherford and Gang.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bennyk:

I find that more often times than not, this question you ask is raised due to a failure on the part of those who have been baptized to comprehend what it means for someone to have God’s spirt in them or for God’s spirit to be operative upon them. At 1Thessalonians 4:3-8, the apostle Paul states that whomever it is that has God’s spirit in them "that shows disregard," even contempt, for what things they have learned to be God’s will, he or she is showing disregard, but not for man, not for the brother or sister from whom they came to learn the truth, but for God, since it was He that put His holy spirit in them. Everything that we read in the Bible is God-breathed, that is, these things were written down by some 40 men that were inspired by God to do so, and while there are many people today that have voiced many doubts as to whether God had anything at all to do with the passages we read in our Bibles today, for many of us that have studied the Bible for many, many years, we have no doubts whatsoever as to whose thoughts were written down by these men.

I know you remember the following words that Jesus uttered when praying on behalf of his followers back then that had been actively taking in knowledge of his Father, the only true God, Jehovah, and of the Lord Jesus Christ: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ"; these familiar words I've quoted from John 17:3. But focusing on the words "taking in knowledge," to what "knowledge" do you suppose Jesus was referring here? At John 17:17 refers to this "knowledge" of God and Christ as being "the truth: "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth." When Jesus says what he does at John 17:3, he was referring to "the truth," and he left us in no doubt as to what the truth is, Jesus stating here that God's word "is truth."

The scriptural injunction placed on all Christians is that they should "go on acquiring power in the Lord and in the mightiness in his strength," and to"make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." (Ephesians 6:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:21) This requires that Christians take in knowledge of the Bible so that they are sure of what they say when they speak to others about the good news of God's kingdom. But do you speak to others about the good news? Ever? If so, what do you say?

I would note that earlier, by what Jesus says at John 14:16, 17, about "the helper" being with us forever, he refers to this "helper" as "the spirit of the truth," and says that while we ourselves would "know" the "helper" because the spirit of the truth "remains" with us and is also in us, the world cannot receive the helper because the world can neither "behold" or discern the truth, nor does it possess the knowledge that we have. Why?

At 1 Corinthians 2:13, 14, the apostle Paul tell us why, saying that "a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him," and so Paul points out that this is why the world "cannot get to know them," since the things 'taught by the spirit of the truth' can only be "examined spiritually." But at 1 Corinthians 3:1-3, Paul goes to say about those brothers that walk according to "the spirit of the world" with jealousy and strife, that they aren't walking as "spiritual men," but, rather, as "fleshly men," that they are walking as "babes in Christ," for unlike the physical man, these "fleshly" Christians have some knowledge the truth. Just as Jesus had God's spirit and sanctified himself by means of the truth for our sake by making himself "a vessel for an honorable purpose, ... useful to his owner," those that also have God's spirit have themselves been sanctified as 'vessels for an honorable purpose' according to God's will through the offering of Jesus' ransom "once for all time." (John 17:19; 2 Timothy 2:21; Hebrews 10:10)

So then whether one should be a spiritual man or woman or a fleshly man or woman, you have come to know the spirit of the truth, and this is not something that a physical man or woman in the part of the world that is alienated from God can say. Consequently, the reason you can understand at least some of what I'm saying here in this post is because some of God's spirit is in you; for example, were I to say to you that the account at Luke 16:19-31 about the rich man and Lazarus is a parable and is not to be taken literally, or that Jesus died on a Friday and rose on a Sunday, or even that 1 John 5:7 as rendered in the KJV Bible, your knowing these things proves the validity of what Jesus says at John 14:16, 17, about "the spirit of the truth" being with us forever, even if you should now blaspheme this same spirit by suggesting that God's spirit cannot operate upon a false prophet; of course it can.

Did God's spirit operate on Balaam despite the fact that he was himself a false prophet that orchestrated the events that led to the deaths of 24,000 Israelites? According to what God's spirit breathed into Moses and into the apostle Peter, whether you should now accept nothing of all that the Bible teaches, is your answer to this question Yes or no? (See Numbers 24:2; 2 Peter 2:16)

If, on one hand, your opposition to the things you were taught by the spirit of the truth should be due to deception or imperfection, God's knows, but if, on the other hand, your opposition to God's spirit should be both wilful and deliberate actions on your part, then as someone that knows the truth, the you must know that such blasphemy will never be forgiven you. But why fight against the truth? Why should anyone fight about God at all? Why should anyone be on the other side of the issue of universal sovereignty?

Why all of the "jealousy and strife" over the work of salvation that is being done through the imperfect men and women that are a part of God's visible channel of communication, a work that He wills to be done before the end comes? (2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 24:14) Why meddle or attempt to interfere with the preaching work being done by those folks that are the ones wearing the white robes? (Matthew 12:30; Acts 5:38, 39; Revelation 7:9, 14)

And why would anyone not be on Jesus' side of the issue? I mean, if every has a white robe on, that is, everyone but you, how would the angels fail to see who is rightly a member of the assembly standing before God's throne holding palm branches in their hands? The soiled robe will give you away! Why on earth would anyone at all want to be found "liars against the truth" when there is no successful winning strategy that can be employed against Jesus and His angels when they come as executioners to bring God's vengeance against all opposers of the truth? (James 3:14; Ephesians 4:25; 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10)

As to that statement of yours questioning whether or not the fact that the association of Jehovah's Witnesses today is the only Christian group that is preaching the established kingdom of God in the hands of Jesus Christ evinces that what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today fulfills Jesus' prophecy, may I ask you: Do you know of any other Christian group, apart from Jehovah's Witnesses, that you know to be preaching and declaring God's kingdom as mankind's only hope for a witness to all of the nations on the planet that they are able to reach with this message as foretold at Matthew 24:14? If so, what is the name of this Christian group.

Lastly, you asked if I honestly believed Jesus would appoint the faithful and discreet slave over all of his belongings when the organization itself would be "rightly branded apostate" by "its own published standard," and I believe the 'faithful slave' was so appointed by Jesus even though you believe them to be apostates.

• bennyk
    bennyk

(Thank you, Lady Lee for fixing the thread!)

@djeggnog:

My response:

I do indeed speak to others regarding the "good news", viz.:
    Despite the fact that men are actually born estranged from God (Rom. 3:9,23; 5:12), God sent His Son to die on behalf of sinful mankind (Matt. 20:28; Rom. 3:28; 8:32; 1 John 4:9,10). Those exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice of the Son are promised full forgiveness of sin (Acts 13:38,39; Rom. 4:25a; 2 Cor. 5:19; Eph. 1:7; Col. 1:14; Heb. 10:12,17,18; 1 John 1:7,9; 2:2; Rev. 1:5), are justified (i.e. declared righteous) (Acts 13:38,39; Rom. 3:26,28; 4:25b-5:1; 5:9,18; 8:33; 1 Cor. 6:12; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 2:16), and sanctified (John 17:19; 1 Cor. 6:11; Eph. 5:25b-27; 2 Thess. 2:13; Heb. 10:10; 13:12). As such, they are reconciled to God (Rom. 5:10; 1 Cor. 1:21-23; 2 Cor. 5:18,19; Eph. 2:16) and adopted as His children (John 1:12; Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 3:26; 4:4-7; Eph. 1:5; 1 John 3:1), thereby becoming brothers of Christ (Heb. 2:11), who serves as their Advocate (Rom. 8:34; Heb. 7:25; 1 John 2:1), High Priest (Heb. 4:4; 7:26,27), and Mediator (1 Tim. 2:5; Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24). Christians thus become heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ (Rom. 8:17; Gal. 3:29; 4:7; Titus 3:6,7; Heb. 9:15; Rev. 21:7), who graciously grants everlasting life (John 3:36; 5:24,39,40; 6:40,47; 10:28; 1 John 4:9; 5:11; Rev. 5:21).
    As you see, the Gospel I preach is scriptural.

I agree that God's Spirit did operate on Balaam. It is ironic that you (no doubt following the Watch Tower Society) call Balaam a "false prophet" despite the fact that the Scriptures testify that what he prophesied came true (Deut. 23:5), but you will allow no one to call the Society a "false prophet" despite their numerous false prophecies. You make repeated references to "truth", but seem to be little concerned that it be ... true. Even more egregious is the fact that the Watch Tower Society is perfectly willing to attempt to establish its credentials using distorted statements and outright lies. As examples thereof: Watchtower 01. Nov. 1952, p. 658 § 16; Watchtower 15. June 1954, p. 370 § 4; Watchtower 15. Oct. 1956, p. 614; Watchtower 15. Feb. 1966, p. 103; Watchtower 15. Oct. 1966, p. 617 § 15; Awake! 08. Oct. 1972, p. 15; Awake! 22. Jan. 1973, p. 8; Yearbook 1975, p. 37; Watchtower 01. April 1984, p. 16 § 5; Watchtower 01. Dec. 1984, p. 14 § 20; Watchtower 01. Sep. 1985, p. 24 § 11; Watchtower 15. Sept. 1998, p. 15. However, the Scriptures assure us that "no lie originates with the truth" (1 John 2:21).

Although I do not claim to be conversant with the teachings of every denomination or sect that calls itself "christian", I cannot name any such that do not preach God's kingdom as mankind's only hope. Can you? While it is true that as individual denominations they may not preach in as many lands as does the Watch Tower Society, in the aggregate those other denominations preach more extensively. Furthermore, the Society preaches a "different Gospel" (Watchtower 01. May 1981, p. 17 §3) which stands under Apostolic condemnation (Gal. 1:8,9) and therefore does not fulfill Matthew 24:14. In fact, the Society's doctrines deny 99.8% of their followers entrance into the New Covenant, which means the so-called Witnesses are ' without hope and without God' (Eph. 2:12).

In response to your statement that you believe the Watch Tower Society was so appointed by Jesus although it would be "rightly branded apostate" by "its own published standard," I cannot make a reply that would not appear sarcastic or insulting...

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@bennyk:

[This is a duplicate of the reply I posted to the thread that you started.]

I do indeed speak to others regarding the "good news", viz.: Despite the fact that men are actually born estranged from God [citations], God sent His Son to die on behalf of sinful mankind [citations]. Those exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice of the Son are promised full forgiveness of sin [citations], are justified (i.e. declared righteous) [citations], and sanctified [citations]. As such, they are reconciled to God [citations] and adopted as His children [citations], thereby becoming brothers of Christ [citation], who serves as their Advocate [citations], High Priest [citations], and Mediator [citations]. Christians thus become heirs of God and joint-heirs of Christ [citations], who graciously grants everlasting life [citations]. As you see, the Gospel I preach is scriptural.

Well, not everyone that exercises faith in the ransom provision will become recipients of Jehovah's merciful arrangement. One needs to inform themselves of God's mercy through the ransom and put faith in this provision by studying the Bible, and then recognize that apart from the ransom, we are all of us under condemnation and will die. Through the ransom only those 144,000 called and adopted by God are declared righteous in spirit and will be granted immortal life in the heavens as joint-heirs with Christ in the heavenly kingdom as immortal sons of God. Those declared righteous as friends of God will have righteousness imputed to them until after Christ's Millennial Reign when they along with the resurrected "dead" will only then be declared righteous in the flesh on their own merit as perfect sons of God.

The gospel or "good news" involves the fulfillment of God's purpose vindicate his name and purposes toward the earth, which includes crushing out all rebellion, and the restoration of peace and righteousness in both heaven and earth. The good news speaks to both the blessings that are in store for true worshippers of Jehovah, for all worship not based on truth goes to Satan the Devil, who accepts all worship not based on truth, as well as to God's day of vengeance when those that don't know God and those that don't obey the good news will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction.

However, only those dedicated Christians that are a part of God's organization that remain faithful to God until the end of their lives and those who are wearing white robes as survivors of Armageddon have the prospect being declared righteous in the flesh along with those of the resurrected dead that will learn righteousness during Judgment Day.

Now this is the gospel that Jehovah's Witnesses preach.

If you should no longer be a part of God's organization, know that you have abandoned Jehovah, and God's adversary, that hateful Devil and Satan, is your god, and whatever it is you're preaching is just in vain, for it is not the gospel of Jesus Christ that you are preaching, for you are not preaching in accord with the good news.

"O Jehovah, who will be a guest in your tent? Who will reside in your holy mountain? He who is walking faultlessly and practicing righteousness and speaking the truth in his heart." The psalmist at Psalm 15:1, 2, says this about those who Jehovah invites as a guest in His tent, into the holy place of His Great Spiritual Temple, those who are walking faultlessly, practicing righteousness and speaking the truth in their hearts. It is an impossibility for anyone to worship God acceptably if he or she should be standing outside the courtyards of God's tabernacle.

Jehovah is truly an awe-inspiring God, and He is to be reverenced and feared, and no one should think that they can claim to be one of His servants and at the same time serve Him in just any way they wish. That would just be delusional thinking on their part.

I'm looking now at 1 Peter 3:12, where the apostle Peter says that Jehovah's "eyes" are upon the righteous ones," that Jehovah's "ears" are toward the supplications of the righteous, and that His "face" are against those doing bad things. But Jehovah doesn't have eyes, ears or a face! To think of God as having ears, ears and a face would just be more delusional thinking, right? Peter describes God using human terms, since we are the ones that have eyes, ears and a face. Jesus said at John 4:24 that "God is a Spirit."

Our sight depends upon light, but God can see in the dark, and He can look down into our hearts and see exactly what kinds of persons we are, can see whose heart is complete toward Him, can see who all the faultfinders are. Our hearing depends upon sound waves, but God can hear a prayer silently uttered in one's heart and He can answer a prayer in an instant of time.

Jehovah is a loving and merciful God and the things we read about Him in the Bible ought to build up an appreciation, awe, reverence and fear in our hearts for Him.

It as God's love that caused Him to send the one closest to Him to die as a ransom and to wait as patiently as He has in order to give people a chance to benefit from this ransom provision. Many people today are blaming God for wickedness and all of the distress when it is because of God's love that He has permitted wickedness to exist to our day, to give both you and me and others time to repent, straighten out and get in line to serve Him.

Now people aren't blaming the Devil, the one who has been the cause of all of this trouble, all of the violence, all of the wickedness in the first place, are they? But who is the One suffering all of this reproach? Jehovah God; the reproach is on God's name. The average person is blaming God, and saying that either He doesn't exist or, if He does exist, then He must be bad or He must be impotent and powerless to do anything about our situation.

Now does Jehovah God need to put up with those who are reproaching His name? No, he doesn't have to put up with this, but He is a God is love, and for this reason He's willing to forgive those who in their ignorance are reproaching His name. He's patient with us and He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed. He is a loving God and is worthy of being worshipped.

But God has moral standards so that question is, Are we meeting those standards? Does God accept us as His worshippers? Are we meeting the standards that He has set for those serving Him in the congregations?

Really, we need to keep in mind though that there are only two sides, Jehovah's side and Satan the Devil's side. You are now either on one side or the other, and so if you are by your conduct you are not pleasing the true God, if you are not pleasing Jehovah by the things you're doing, and you are not, along with other Christians, who are themselves worshipping God in spirit and in truth, united in worship of Him, then you are on that broad road that only leads to destruction, and you know this.

But if you are pleasing Jehovah by what you're doing, if you are pleasing Him by your conduct, if you are worshipping God in spirit and in truth along with other Christians, then you are definitely on that narrow road that leads to life, and all of the blessings that God's worshippers are promised are yours to enjoy eternally with all of the other praisers of Jehovah.

[Y]ou will allow no one to call the Society a "false prophet" despite their numerous false prophecies.

What do you mean? I have no problem with you calling the WTS a "false prophet"; you're entitled to your opinion and entitled to believe what you wish. There's no need to put words into my mouth that I did not say. Now other than trumpeting possible dates when one of God's prophecies might undergo fulfillment and these dates not holding up, other than making a few declarations that when measured by today's knowledge turned out to have been rather zany or making a few "edicts" that had to later be rescinded (i.e., receiving an organ transplant is like cannibalism), has the WTS ever indicated that its words (or edicts) were inspired or that it had been given the gift of prophecy so that it could make predictions about the future? Then how can it be said that the WTS has ever been a "false prophet"?

You make repeated references to "truth", but seem to be little concerned that it be ... true. Even more egregious is the fact that the Watch Tower Society is perfectly willing to attempt to establish its credentials using distorted statements and outright lies.

This statement of yours is loaded, but I'm sure you knew that, didn't you? Whatever their many faults as imperfect men, even as you and I are also imperfect, I believe God is blessing their efforts to search for those who are sighing and groaning to acquaint them with the good news so that they might gain life in God's new order. If the WTS should be mistaken in its adherence to Acts 15:29 with respect to blood transfusions, and someone dies, I'm thinking that Jesus Christ has been empowered to resurrect the dead. What do you think?

Now were I faced with the decision as to whether to permit a transfusion for a member of my own family, or should the decision be about medical decisions affecting my own life, we are resolved to take whatever steps we can short of violating God's command to "abstain ... from blood," because we believe in the resurrection. (We know that are going to need one if any of us should not be among the survivors of Armageddon, you see.) But if I should fall short and give in to fear, I'll just be sitting in the back of the Kingdom Hall being shunned while being scourged by Jehovah until reinstated. I mean, where shall I go? Jesus is the Holy One of God and he pleads for me. (John 6:67-69) I'm not going anywhere!

Although I do not claim to be conversant with the teachings of every denomination or sect that calls itself "christian", I cannot name any such that do not preach God's kingdom as mankind's only hope. Can you? While it is true that as individual denominations they may not preach in as many lands as does the Watch Tower Society, in the aggregate those other denominations preach more extensively. Furthermore, the Society preaches a "different Gospel" [citation] which stands under Apostolic condemnation [citation] and therefore does not fulfill Matthew 24:14.

Yes, not one of the churches in Christendom are preaching God's kingdom as mankind's only hope. I don't feel there exists any need for me to be more specific.

In fact, the Society's doctrines deny 99.8% of their followers entrance into the New Covenant, which means the so-called Witnesses are ' without hope and without God' [citation].

Not just the WTS, but all of Jehovah's Witnesses know from having studied God's word that if one has not been anointed and adopted by God so that they enjoy spiritual sonship, then one is a party to the New Covenant. But this by no stretch of your imagination means that those of us that have been declared righteous as friends of God are without hope. You are, of course, free to believe the contrary to be the case.

In response to your statement that you believe the Watch Tower Society was so appointed by Jesus although it would be "rightly branded apostate" by "its own published standard," I cannot make a reply that would not appear sarcastic or insulting...

Well, if you have a reply to make, then make it. Jehovah doesn't care what you say; Jesus doesn't care what you say. Only take care that you do not grieve God's spirit by what you say as if you believe God's spirit that is in operation on the congregations of God is not manifest to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit