Where did 607 come from?

by MrFreeze 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Perhaps this has been asked elsewhere (as a matter of fact I believe it has), but it is worth asking again - Outside the Jehovah's Witnesses (or their apologists), are there any historians, archealogists, religious leaders or ANYONE who says: 1) 607 is the correct date and/or 2) The actual date is something other than the commonly accepted date of 587 (+/- a few years)?

I love great conspiracy theories and would LOVE for centuries of claims re: 587 be shown, to a high degree of certainty with sufficient evidence, to be incorrect. Just imagine how it must have felt when people first started realizing that the Earth was not the center of the universe, or that it wasnt flat.

However, no one seems to have been able to step up and show 587 (+/- a few years) to be incorrect. I am open to REAL evidence and clearly produced reasoning on the matter. It'd be great to see all the history books and encyclopedias have to be re-written just for the sake of advancing knowledge, yet this seems unlikely to happen in the light of the mountains of evidence suggesting that historians have it correct. It appears as though EVEN THE BIBLE supports the historians claims (if I read things correctly).

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Perhaps this has been asked elsewhere (as a matter of fact I believe it has), but it is worth asking again - Outside the Jehovah's Witnesses (or their apologists), are there any historians, archealogists, religious leaders or ANYONE who says: 1) 607 is the correct date and/or 2) The actual date is something other than the commonly accepted date of 587 (+/- a few years)?

Simply,

NOPE.

It appears as though EVEN THE BIBLE supports the historians claims (if I read things correctly).

Yup.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Interesting thing is that the JWs need to be right on 607BCE. If they are wrong on that then 1914 is wrong, case closed. On the reverse side, even IF the WT was right about 607BCE, it would still mean no more than an academic date- it would not validate 1914. The '7 Gentile Times' calculation still requires ridiculous assumptions based on verses taken out of context.

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

Post 1370

Apart from Jehovah's Witnesses and their Apologists there remains the most Supreme supporter of 607 BCE for the Fall and that is no less than the Great Chronologist and Timekeeper, Jehovah God. It matters little if even all the scholars in the world do not recognize this sacred date because this date is firmly established upon the God's Infallible Word, Secular History and Neo-Babylonian Chronology with a slight adjustment of twenty years.

You and all fellow apostates and higher critics have one big problem and that is your inability to determine with absolute certainty a precise calender year for the Fall and until you and your 'suspects' can do this then your credibility is nought. You have a lot of work to do!

scholar JW

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Please show us where God said that Jerusalem fell in 607. Also, it seems mighty strange that you will harp about a few months leeway in the 586/7 date when you need "a slight adjustment of twenty years."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Pseudoscholar,

Who says we need a precise date? You? The WT? By what authority? Nowehre does God tell us 607BCE, and even if he did it would still simply be an academic date...nothing more.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Apart from Jehovah's Witnesses and their Apologists there remains the most Supreme supporter of 607 BCE for the Fall and that is no less than the Great Chronologist and Timekeeper, Jehovah God.

Really? Did Jehovah reveal it you personally? Did He give you a vision? Has He had His personal support for the 607 BCE date documented anywhere?

It matters little if even all the scholars in the world do not recognize this sacred date because this date is firmly established upon the God's Infallible Word, Secular History and Neo-Babylonian Chronology with a slight adjustment of twenty years.

LOL! How can it be firmly established if it's 20 years out, you loon?

You and all fellow apostates and higher critics have one big problem and that is your inability to determine with absolute certainty a precise calender year for the Fall and until you and your 'suspects' can do this then your credibility is nought. You have a lot of work to do!

Please. You already know that the choice between 587 and 586 depended on how one counted Neb's stated years in the Bible's record and whether it was in Neb's 18th or 19th year he destroyed Jerusalem. And you also know that the discrepancy has long been resolved (I know you remember Rodger Young's article).

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

'scholar' got his butt kicked again

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

'scholar' got his butt kicked again

I think he actually derives great pleasure from having his butt kicked by us all, Isaac - that's why he keeps coming back for more.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It seems to be the case. He also seems to have short-term memory loss, or perhaps delusions- always thinking he has proven 607BCE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit