Where did 607 come from?

by MrFreeze 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Debator - They have said that listening to the GB is the same as listening to God.

If someone remembers that scan of an older WT book, could you paste it here to show Debator? Unless that isn't proof enough for you, Debator. Then there's no point in anyone wasting time.

Tammy

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Debator; the WTS says that their organization is the one alone and is the group that has been appointed as Jerkhoobahs mouthpiece on Earth today, that group made up of anointed Christians is The Faithful and Discreet Slave , The Governing Body , The Greater David, The Elijah Class,Jonadab Class, Judge Rutherford said that only The Bible Students were fulfilling Trumpet Blasts in Revelation so the WTS has classified itself as a prophet and that they alone are speaking the words of God on earth today, sadly the WTS has spoken words that have failed to come true so it must be a False Prophet, the "we cant be a false prophet because we dont speak in Gods name or dont speak words that are inspired" is not a card that you can use, it is far more serious then that.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Debator, the GB certainly does meet the Bible criteria for a false prophet- regardless how you try to rationalize, or explain away Deut 18, and crawl your way out of the perfect parallel between them and Hananiah. I know the thread you posted well, as well as the thread that that carried over from- where you spent a whole lot of words but said nothing.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Where did the 607 come from?

We have a saying in Portugal, when some one gets soemthing out of "left field", translated it goes like this:

"Taken from an ass with two little sticks".

As for dates, I kindly remind EVERYONE of the first chapter of ACTS:

Read it, understand it:

Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven

1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with a water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

State of Israel doesn't know their own history when their city was destroyed but watchtower does, sound very logical to me. I must also not know my history, maybe watchtowercan clearify my existance since they seem to know it all. WTS and it's supporters are some of the dumbest idiots I've ever seen. When someone has an oppertunity to research freely the facts but chooses to support a lie just because they don't want to see past their belief they deserve to be in this cult and they deserve to die without their imaginary hope being fullfilled. I just hope they work part time and take their leaders encouragement to pioneer and have nothing to show for because god will provide for them. This religion just makes me sick, it produces some of the dumbest humans on this plant.

• Quentin
    Quentin

"...... There is no way a true christien would support secular history from one man-written source against inspired Bible history."

Inspired Bible history is no better than inspired Koran history....the word history is a composite of "his story"...there is nothing inspired in his story, that is all there is, a story of those who attempted to define the mind of God. Some did/have done better than others, made money too. Hal Lindsey has a long histoy of doing that. I knew many jws who were captivated by his "Late Great Plant Earth"...whish I had that ability...

All this "pencil whipped" chornlogy is ever changing and does nothing more than confuse a great many people, even those that proclaim they understand it. It appears the be the most disscused topic on this board. Countless threads with NOT a one giving a satisfactory answer. A dog chasing it's tail.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

scholar you know you are an apostate right? You go onto apostate websites. Why don't you tell your elders about that and see how they react? Why do you keep defending the organization that you don't even want to be a part of? C'mon buddy, you have given ZERO proof to your claims. You just keep saying things without providing evidence. EVERY secular historian who deals with that point in history states that 607 being the year is completely false.

• scholar
    scholar

MrFreeze

Post 85

I am not interested in your personal opinions of me. What I do is my own business. The fact of the matter is that I responded to youir question but typical of apostates who hate the Truth you respond only with a personal attack.For your information secular historians do not agree for a precise date for the Fall so we opt for the Bible which alone supports 607 BCE.

scholar JW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Pseudoscholar,

Typical JW apologist dodge. LOL The WT would not let its members listen to you on your defense of 607, being that you are an apostate.

Back to topic though, historians know the date for the destruction of Jeru is 586 or 587- the difference being whether it was reganl or ascension year dating. No rocket sicence there. They have not as of yet pinpointed an exact date. That is not an issue. It is simply a date of academic interest, not of any future prophetic importance.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The bible doesn't support ANY date for there is NO date in the bible, anywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit