MrsJones

by Blue Grass 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

MrsJones claims after 17 years of marriage she has never cheated on her husband, not even once. This is a direct contradiction of what Billy Paul tells us. Who should we believe? I'll let you decide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfr6jmJOGA8

Blue Grass

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Doesn't matter if you believe me or not, you're not my husband.

Love the song though, it's been sung to me many times.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    Doesn't matter if you believe me or not, you're not my husband.

Good God woman, you have no sense of humor. Did you really think I thought Billy Paul was singing about you?

Blue Grass

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Jesus H Christ, I said I like the song! I got the joke. Funniest time that song was sung to me was in a hamburger joint and a table of men, including the hubby, sang the whole song to me. Funny but kinda embarassing.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I just hate the thought of glorifying adultery...hated Bridges of Madison County...but I can't help but like the song Me and Mrs. Jones. I don't know why, because that sort of thing is a real pet peeve of mine.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

hated Bridges of Madison County

Omg, I hated that movie too!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    hated Bridges of Madison County
    Omg, I hated that movie too!

I didn't read the book, so when I rented the movie, I didn't know what it was about. By the time I figured out what was going to happen, I was hooked on finding out how it ended. And then I was pissed at myself for sitting through it. Hey, I never claimed not to be a f@cked up individual!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I think I can speak for menfolk everywhere...

Bridges of Madison County =

• not a captive
    not a captive

Right--I wouldn't read the book or watch the movie-- and it's not because marriage is always so easy. Just the whole premise brings faithfulness down.

• StAnn
    StAnn

The worst part of Bridges of Madison County was when old, flabby Clint Eastwood was at the well outside cleaning up. He pulled off his shirt and then sucked in that flabby gut for all it was worth. I laughed out loud at that one!

Yeah, and the idea that the kids were okay with this whole affair thing was stupid and unbelievable.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit