How Big a Liar Are You?

by Mindchild 24 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Average liar.
    The blurb summed me up.
    I might have lied with every answer, while believing I was truthing.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm a Saint...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Hey, GentlyFeral

I have and old friend of yours who lives in San Deigo now I'm trying to convince him to join this board he used to live in Berkeley but now he is a student at Westminster Seminary. I don't know if he has time since his wife is going to have a baby. But you used to fight with him constently on old messege boards like "catch 22" he use to be an elder now he is at Westminster. I thinking of going down there and visiting him. Anyway do you remember
    John Wycliff

• TMS
    TMS

About twenty-five years ago, a store where I worked required all employees to take the proverbial "lie detector" test, administered by a "trained practitioner". Several of us were in a waiting room, while a fellow employee took the test.

After about twenty minutes, the examination room door opened and the employee emerged. He announced to the waiting group that he had passed the test with flying colors. "All my lines were straight as a string!" he exclaimed.

TMS

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Did you know that it is rather easy to beat a lie-detector test with about 5 min of training? I won't go into the methods here outside of saying that they are rather simple and very effective. I have absolutely no confidence in them being able to catch a skillful lair and if you are the nervous type person and in a place or situation that makes you even more nervous, you should never take the test.

There is a new technology out that is almost 100% effective in determining truthfulness and you never verbally answer any questions at all. It is based on recoginizing certain patterns of brain waves that always result in certain situations. It will make a huge difference in the criminal justice system and is now challenging court convictions.

I would love to see the GB take a few of these tests.

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit