A question

by dgp 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

While i would like my story to be in print (in case the satelites fall out of the sky) I actually feel it is just not really interesting enough.

So, the stories of taller trees are important to be told. For me, reading the experiences and thoughts of those who were elders, circuit/district overseers, bethelites and missionaries as well as those who have endured abuses are gold...

And they MUST be told, in print and on line

oz

• dgp
    dgp

Not that I'm a fan of the WT, but I agree with Palimpsest. It would also be necessary to preserve the WT stuff, if only so people can check what was said before and what was said later.

I like Aussie Oz's humility, but I think the stories of the rank-and-file are important, too. Actually, what we have on this forum is exactly that, for the most part. Their stories is what puts a human face to the suffering and helps us worldlies really relate to it.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I agree with the rank-and-file stories being needed to be told.

When I first came online and googled “Jehovahs witnesses” it was the experiences of everyday people that really resonated with me. Too often we were lead to believe that the problems we had in the congregations were isolated occasions. But reading story after story, of situations that I could relate to, helped me realise that my doubts weren’t in vain. There were very big problems in “Jehovah’s organization” and that the love that they claimed set them apart from the rest of the world just wasn’t there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit