Neither the Bible or Dictionary support the new light on the Generation

by wasblind 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zoiks
    zoiks
    . Did the April 15th, 2010 issue of The Watchtower say it replaced generation as a concept that refers to attributes of a someone's personality as explained in the of November 1, 1995 issue of the Watchtower or Philippians 2:14-16?

No, it did not say that it replaced that concept. It re-introduced an old teaching with a twist, without mentioning that it was negating the two subsequent explanations that had replaced the old teaching.

Very seldom, if I recall correctly, will the WTS say something like, "We used to believe this, and we held all of you to believing it as well. But now we're changing the understanding to this. Now jump, suckas! Never mind how high...we'll let you know, and then we'll change that too!"

Ugh, I'm too tired for this tonight. Bye now!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Alice I'll ask a question and I'm just wondering yes or no answer (I get confused easy haha)

Do you support the new light on the Generation?

Because if I was still going to meetings this would be the final straw for me. 1998 I remember hearing some talk about Generation and I said then when I loved the truth if they flip flop I'm done.

• TD
    TD
    Considering the reasoning here, the term generation would have to be rounded off to the nearest second to constitute the same generation.

Awww, be fair! I've agreed with the basic concept. I'm simply questioning how long a period of time it can cover.

Did the April 15th, 2010 issue of The Watchtower say it replaced generation as a concept that refers to attributes of someone's personality as explained in the of November 1, 1995 issue of the Watchtower or Philippians 2:14-16?

Not specifically. However the negative connotation attributed to the term in November of 1995 was removed in February of 2008.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit