The Governing Body and the Sept 15, 2010 WT

by Ultimate Reality 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

stuff like this is what woke me up. i remember my WTF moment clear as day in 2007 at the convention when during the talk "follow the lamb no matter where he goes" the brother on the mic said "we should trust the faithful slave because Jehovah and Jesus trust the faithful slave". I was like WTF did he just say? JEHOVAH TRUSTS THE SLAVE? A group of MEN?!?! The highest being in the universe puts his TRUST in IMPERFECT MEN?!?!?!?!?!

from that day forward it was the end of the line.

so this stuff which is like 10 times worse in the sept 15th WT will wake some people up. but not most, most wont even be paying attention and instead of thinking about the governing body they will be wondering where they are going to eat after the meeting.

• agonus
    agonus

"we should trust the faithful slave because Jehovah and Jesus trust the faithful slave"

I heard this too. If this isn't the height of blasphemy and self-congratulatory presumptuousness I don't know what is.

• flipper
    flipper

ULTIMATE REALITY- Great thread. Thanks for posting this. The GB IS getting more and more desperate to tighten the reins of control over JW members like a choke hold on a horses mouth. They keep using fear to instill obedience into witnesses by telling them crazy , insane statements like " by following the lead of the modern-day governing body , they are in fact following their leader , Christ. " So the translation to witnesses becomes - " View the governing body AS Jesus or Jehovah. " So JW's get the message if they disobey the GB they disobey Christ. Nothing but fear mongering and control tactics to keep JW's in line.

Steve Hassan mentions in his books on cult mind control that as cult leaders fear losing control over followers and lose members- they become EVEN MORE controlling with methods to inspire fear into members. That is EXACTLY what the WT society is doing right now. Hopefully more witnesses will exit before the WT society leaders cost them their lives. I'm serious. It is really scary and dangerous the control they have over these people

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Try reading it in 1st person, it makes a massive difference.

Without OUR assistance YOU would neither understand the full import of what YOU read in God's Word nor know how to apply it. (Matt. 24:45-47) - page 8

Similarly today, a Governing Body composed of US contributes to the unity of the worldwide congregation. WE publish spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God's Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.-Isa. 54:13. - page 13

Accordingly, as Jehovah's people, YOU are united because YOU accept Jehovah's sovereignty, love your brothers, hope in God's Kingdom, and respect US, the ones God uses to take the lead among YOU. - page 14

In this time of the end, Christ has committed "all his belongings"- all the earthly interests of the Kingdom-to US. (Matt. 24:45-47) The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following OUR lead, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ. - page 23

As Head of the Christian congregation, Christ has used this "faithful and discreet slave" to administer His Kingdom interests on earth. He has provided direction for the anointed "domestics" and their "other sheep" companions by means of US.-John 10:16. - page 26

They recognize, however, that Christ is using US to lead and direct his disciples on earth.-Read Acts 15:6, 28-30. - page 27

• agonus
    agonus

Good point, Thomas Covenant.

Writing about themselves in third-person tends to distract readers from the fact that they're always and forever referring to themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is a blatant scam. They know they are misleading people, yet they want people to think they alone have the correct understanding of the Bible. The truth is, the average person would be able to understand the essence of what the Bible says with no help, if they were not biased by religion.

So long as one refrains from creating problems that didn't exist, one can discern that the Bible is about the war of God against humanity's seeking freedom. God wants an absolute tyranny, Satan (who is in charge of protecting mankind) does not. Satan does his job, which threatens the tyranny. God barges, preventing mankind from enjoying freedom. God sets up a "deliverance", which is perennially promised "any time now" (but never seems to come), under the condition that we abide by God's tyranny and resist Satan's attempts to liberate us.

Now, jump to the New Testament. Jesus tries to set man free of God's tyranny, and dies trying. By using Paul to confuse people about what Jesus really taught, God twists a few things around and makes it look like Jesus was the ransom of the original sin. New rules are made up by Paul, and these are put in Jesus' mouth. Finally, the Bible closes with vague symbols that suggest whatever someone with an imagination and the desire to pull off a scam wants them to mean. This book is finalized by the Catholic church, and ultimately translated by Protestants and made common. Anyone reading it without the advice from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger could come to that conclusion, so long as they are not biased by Christian religion.

As for the Washtowel, it is even more strongly pushing idolizing the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Notice that the Bible, which they claim to abide by, prohibits idolatry. Just look at the commandments, and you will find this ban. Paul reiterates this ban with his list at 1Cor 6:9-10. Now, it matters not whether or not God used Paul to put those words in Jesus' mouth where they were not--remember, the religion claims that all scripture is inspired and beneficial. And it bluntly prohibits idolatry. The Washtowel Slaveholdery itself claims zero tolerance on idolatry. Yet, these men that make up the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class mandate worship from all the witlesses, which is the most blatant form of idolatry! Everything one does has to be permitted in the littera-trash, and the witlesses cannot make a decision without consulting either the hounders, the littera-trash, or both.

Now, I do not claim to be one of God's servants--nor do I wish to become one again. However, when there is this blatant a discrepancy between what their stated source says and what they themselves say, I can pretty well point it out--and I see no room for this level of blatant, obey at all costs, they cannot possibly make a mistake type of idolatry in human life.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Thomas:

Great point, reading in the 1st person. This is a good idea in every article in order to see the real intent. The WT use of language has become more seductive and creative over the decades. But it is clear that all are to be loyal followers of the Governing Body and numerous articles since the start of the 'Study Edition' have been highlighting this authority. These men are to have unqualified and unconditional support from their followers.

Flipper:

Thanks. I think these articles provide further proof that the organization is in a state of decay.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

One moment of enlightenment for me was the point made in Crisis of Conscience that the governing body essentially votes on what is "the truth".

Only 2 of the old guard left, the ones I thought of as the governing body. Most of the new governing body aren't much older than myself. They used to seem to be these almost non-human, semi-divine like beings to me. When I was a kid I knew several annointed. They were all in their 60's and 70's. Now they come in all ages.

• processor
    processor
    This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13. - page 13

As someone noted in the German forum: The Witchtower is "based on God's word" too. So, according to the new Watchtower, it is "from Jehovah."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Seems like the Governing Body is so obsessed with itself that they don't realize that many of the JWs are getting sick of being reminded all the time to be obedient to them and never doubt them.

I bet there will be lots of Freudian slips happening in the literature and congregations over this issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit