Found Some WT rags

by mrsjones5 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

in the waiting area of the medical office I took my husband to this morning. I removed them from the waiting area and they will soon be destroyed. I would have disposed of them at the medical office but I couldn't find a trash can.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

I call that community service!

• read good books
    read good books

You may have saved somebody from getting stuck in their web. Have you a got a bird cage?

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

yeah lately i've been finding them in the nail salon..... trash baby trash...

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I always remove them when I see them. Do JW's do the same to others' literature?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Did you tell the receptionist, nurse, or doctor about it? Mention that somebody is leaving literature promoting non-scientific medical quackery (the no-blood policy) in the waiting room. They probably do not want such things in the waiting room, where patients would assume the doctor approved of those publications.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I didn't tell anyone about the mags. I had just come out of the examination room with my husband and happened to see the mags on a table in the waiting room as we were going for the door. I think they had just been left there because I did not see them on that table when we arrived, nor did I see anyone reading one of the mags. It's a rather large and busy waiting room, with three different services (x-ray, podiatry, and rheumatology) and magazines are left there all the time. I don't think the folks behind the reception desks really control what is left there.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I understand. Thank you for your public service!

• Mary
    Mary

Mrs. Jones, surely Jehovah will bless you for your efforts.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

mrsjones, you're providing a great public service there.

I recently found an Awake magazine in my doctors reception... I didn't bin it... I annotated the article on evolution, I thought it would be better if some JW picked it up a read the comments! Alas, I expect it was a waste of time - however it did keep me from having to pick up 'Devon Life' magazine, which features a vaste array of beautiful houses I can't afford :o( so thanks for that WBTS!!! You rock!

PS. I've convinced some people that 'Awake' is pronounced 'A-wack-ee'. I don't know why I do it... I think I have mental issues, but it is fun. I tell them the WatchTower is from the US, and the Awackee is from Japan. Most people seem to believe anything you tell them about dubs, it's true... for example, just pick something mundane - for example - tell the next person that asks about dubs... "You know they don't eat fish - it's a sin", or "do you know they can't eat fruit on the third Sunday of each month?". They'll believe you. :P

Spread the love!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit