Seed Planting Questions That Worked For Me Recently

by Confuzzled 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Ooooh, awesome proverb. I'll have to try and use that one sometime.

Recently I tried planting a seed of doubt. Our toddler called my husband by his first name and my husband was upset. I asked him why, was it because using his name wasn't as personal as his speical role of "Daddy?" He said yes. Then I said that is how I feel about using God's name. Jesus and his disciples said "Father" or "God" which indicated a close relationship and respect. I was met with silence, but the wheels were turning.

Now I'm waiting to show him how the name Jehovah in the NT is based on Bible translations from the 1500-1900s instead if the original Hebrew manuscripts like we thought!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Recently I tried planting a seed of doubt. Our toddler called my husband by his first name and my husband was upset. I asked him why, was it because using his name wasn't as personal as his speical role of "Daddy?" He said yes. Then I said that is how I feel about using God's name. Jesus and his disciples said "Father" or "God" which indicated a close relationship and respect. I was met with silence, but the wheels were turning.

Great one, NiceDream!

• poppers
    poppers

@Poppers I have the book. I Also have the FindHorn Retreat on DVD but I have to find 4 hours to sit and really watch it.

Some things by Tolle are best listened to, and Stillness Speaks, in my opinion, is the best of his suff for doing that. Just listen with eyes closed for a half hour at a time; approach it like a meditation and not something to wrestle with in your mind. Pay attention to the words without trying to follow the concepts and then notice what happens when there are pauses in the reading.

• poppers
    poppers

Yeah, that's a great point you made - good for you. I wonder what's going through his head now?

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thanks, those were Ray Franz's thoughts I regurgitated. Couldn't believe such an opportuinity would pop up the next day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit