Letter By Native Chief Seattle Should Make BP/American Leaders Ashamed

by flipper 11 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

This letter was written to President Pierce in 1855 by Native American Chief Seattle of the Dwamish tribe in Washington State. The dignity, wisdom, and strong message he sent then to the United States leader - is actually sounding like a fulfilled prophecy at this time with the gulf oil spill destroying our lands and oceans. Heres the link : http://www.context.org/ICLIB/ICO3/Seattle.htm.

Let me know what you think of this letter written. If anybody would be so kind to transfer it into print I'd appreciate it on the thread as I'm not too swift on transferring links to the thread except the link itself. Thanks ! As always look forward to your takes and comments. Too bad BP or the leaders of this country don't look at our land as this leader did

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. That link didn't work. Great. Here is another link which has the same speech : http://www.evolver.net/user/anthony_graffagnino/blog/letter_west_Chief_Seattle. Try this one. Thanks.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. The second link works fine. Thanks. Perhaps someone could transfer it for me ? Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

You will probably enjoy this too Flipper.

...the 7th generation Native American prophecy:

The prophecy of the Seventh Generation is common to many American Indian nations. Young native people, especially young Mohawk people, should pay attention to and consider.

According to the prophecy, after seven generations of living in close contact with the Europeans, the Onkwehonwe would see the day when the elm trees would die. The prophecy said that animals would be born strange and deformed, their limbs twisted out of shape. Huge stone monsters would tear open the face of the earth. The rivers would burn aflame. The air would burn the eyes of man. According to the prophecy of the Seventh Generation the Onkwehonwe would see the day when birds would fall from the sky, the fish would die in the water, and man would grow ashamed of the way that he had treated his mother and provider, the Earth.

http://www.indianlegend.com/mohawk/mohawk_001.htm

• JeffT
  • flipper
    flipper

JUSTITIA THEMIS- Very interesting ! It sounds exactly like what's going on with the gulf oil disaster right now . The oilmongers of this western society are going to destroy our land and environment we live in. I wish native American's WOULD come back and uprise and take back this land that the United States stole from them.

JEFFT- Very interesting thread. Thanks for posting. So many quotes have been handed down in history. To me the content of the message is the important thing, not necessarily who gives the message

• TD
    TD

The sentiments expressed are beautiful, but the provenance of the letter is even more dubious than that of the speech attributed to the same man.

• flipper
    flipper

TD- Yeah, well, who knows, you know ? I do know that not only Chief Seattle, but Chief Joseph and Tecumseh were excellent Native American orators who communicated very eloquently to United States president's the concerns of the Indian Nation's. Just wish the U.S. would have listened. Fat chance of THAT ever happening

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

I think the native Americans had it right 150 years ago predicting that the white man and the U.S. government WOULD screw up this land. Just look at the BP disaster. It's far from over

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit