Required Identification

by jdub4life? 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

Not sure...I went in August 9th - 20th, 1999 (according to my book)...Do they use a different one now?

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I also have my "Enrollment Record", "Letter of Acceptance", and the Schedule Outline...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I remember being asked for my blood card at Bethel before given some books.

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

THATS it before Bethel?!?!?!

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember being asked for my Advanced Directive card when they were handing out the Proclaimers book and the Insight volumes to confirm your baptism date. At first they were only giving them to people baptized for 25 years or more; they adjusted it to 15 years on Sunday.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    At first they were only giving them to people baptized for 25 years or more; they adjusted it to 15 years on Sunday.

Maybe they realized that they were refusing a book to people who they had willingly baptized at ages much less than 25 years. There have also been people baptized at less than 15 years in a number of cases.

Ironic indeed - you can get baptized at what age you want, but cannot have this stupid book???

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

jdud4life

THATS it before Bethel?!?!?!

I was never a dub. I just went there to ask for books that I couldn't get at the local KH. The same thing happenned once when I asked for a WT CD.

• blondie
    blondie

JWoods, the problem is that they did not have enough for everyone (not even every family) to get one. So I can see why they used an arbitrary means of deciding who gets one. I can see that it was not possible to print enough to meet those summer deadlines. Now they just say, "wait and get them in your congregation in September."

One side effect though was they discovered how few jws carried their cards and how few had signed them...shortly after that the WTS instituted the book study signing party.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Maybe they realized that they were refusing a book to people who they had willingly baptized at ages much less than 25 years. There have also been people baptized at less than 15 years in a number of cases.
    Ironic indeed - you can get baptized at what age you want, but cannot have this stupid book???

Is there a bit of a misunderstanding here JWoods? I remember the assembly release also. It was a case of having to have been baptized for a minimum period of 25 years, then when they had all been served by the Sunday, those who had been baptized for a period of 15 years. Interestingly here in the UK nobody ever asked for ID or proof of baptism date, though I guess you would have to look 30+ to get one.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit