Required Identification

by jdub4life? 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I tried searching the site to see if this has been commented on before, but I didn't see anything...Hope I'm not asking a duplicate question...

At any rate, I was a born-in, so the elders that disfellowshipped me are the same ones that baptized me and the same ones that came to visit my parents when I was born...needless to say, they knew who I was and that I was not operating under a fake name or whatnot...

For those who were not so lucky as to grow up around the exact same group of tyrannical men...Is there any sort of identification that the elders require before granting a person " privileges"...Does any sort of "proof" have to be presented before they baptize people to show they are who they say they are? ... i.e., picture id, birth cert....anything?

Just curious...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL JDub4life, we did have someone who engineered having a reinstatement announced! LOL Yes I am serious.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

They do not keep ID though as you ask. I suppose one can show up where no one knows him and pretend to be an interested newcomer.

• anewme
    anewme

One gal I remember showed up and began coming to meetings. After some time she asked for some kind of assistance and the elders questioned her where and when she was baptized and she couldnt remember where or when.

This raised their suspicions. I got a call out of the blue from an elder who knew I associated with her a bit. He was trying to get to the bottom of this. But I could not tell him anything about her. I too did not really know her either.

It turned out that her parents were witnesses but who never went to meetings. She just assumed she was one too I guess and started to go to meetings after she got beat up by some gang girls and nearly died.

• yknot
    yknot

why don't you spend some time reading the KS91, it can be downloaded from the link below:-)

http://www.4shared.com/file/62487460/676fa4ef/1991-Pay-Attention-Elders-Manual_with_NOTES.html?dirPwdVerified=d6acb320

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

Nice on the elders manual; thanks!

I went to pioneer school, I have that book, I should scan it...

What motivated my question is that there is someone locally that works in the same industry as I...he has a horrible reputation...his bad business ethics actually make it hard for me to do business in the same state, as people are concerned that we are somehow affiliated (which we are NOT, I have never met him)...He has changed his name multiple times (to more easily slither out of "non-compete" contracts) and he is wanted in MA for 18 years of back child-support...and to top it off he is a big ol witness in the town next to me, apparently he married a witness and then joined the mickey mouse club a few years ago. So weird.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They do not require I D before they study with or baptize someone...I guess it would be a turn off for people at a time when they want to attract them in..

I knew a lad once who moved into town and declared an interest in studying.. He came to meetings but after a few weeks confessed that he had been disfellowshipped somewhere else. He accepted the shunning, came to meetings and was later re instated, eventually married a girl in the congregation

• yknot
    yknot

Please, please, please..... JDub4life?..... Please please please scan it in!!!!

Everyone would be very grateful!

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

Haven't logged in for a few days...all this de-programming can be stressful...sorry so long for the reply....

Can I do that? I may have burned the damn thing...scared it was going to bring in the devil....;) haha...Nah, it's in the basement, I remember when I was throwing away all of my jw literature, I set that one aside.

Ya'll cannot laugh at my notes though, I was a hardcore member, I do not do anything halfway.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Is it the one they use now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit