Expectations of the US President.

by cult classic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

I keep hearing , "I'm not expecting miracles", or similar statements about Obama. Most people don't believe he is capable of miracles. But what exactly is expected of him? What would his supporters like to see him and his administration accomplish? What change does he have a reasonable shot at?

Cult Classic

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    But what exactly is expected of him?

IMHO, it's reasonable to expect him to do most of what he said he would do. See below for the Report Card, thus far.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

• cult classic
    cult classic

Thanks for the link LWT. I'm reading through it now while working.

I agree with you.

Is there a meter for G Bush?

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird

I expect him to command.

*reserving judgment*

Syl

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yep Syl. Me too.

That would be heaven sent JWoods

• JWoods
    JWoods

I expect him to quit this insane level of federal government deficit spending.

There are at least a dozen other things I would expect, but just that one would be enough for the next 2 years before the 2012 elections.

• beksbks
    beksbks

How exactly would that effect you Woods? Was that your expectation for the last three or four Presidents as well?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    How exactly would that effect you Woods? Was that your expectation for the last three or four Presidents as well?

It probably would not affect me personally all that much for a while. However, it will eventually affect all Americans in the form of economic collapse and inflation (see recent Greece for an example) - so I set it as my first priority. Yes, that is my expectation (economic restraint and reason) for all presidents. It is a foundation of political conservativism although it is often forgotten by both political parties for other various agendas.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obama should be able to dance like Micheal Jackson..

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa83/candystar_album/-Michael-Jackson-GIF.gif

And..

Plug the broken Oil Pipe in the Gulf..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

That's a good point JWoods. Fulfilling that would definitely show balanced management and discipline. Which would have positive consequences across the board. This may be simplistic, but I've always thought of government as an expanded version of a family. The principles that lead to success on a small scale would lead to success on a larger scale. That goes for public relations, labor and finance issues as well. That's not too much to expect.

LOL Outlaw. Yeah get that damned hole plugged!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit