Liberals = Hipocrates

by Dark Side 23 Replies latest social current

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

General Petraeus has received Obama's full support, in spite of the fact he was called General Betray Us by the lefties.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Decision2008/story?id=3581727&page=1

What say you, hipocrites?

• blondie
    blondie

Hipocrates =

Hippocrates of Cos or Hippokrates of Kos (ca. 460 BC – ca. 370 BC) - Greek: ?πποκρ?της ; Hippokrátes was an ancient Greekphysician of the Age of Pericles (Classical Athens), and is considered one of the most outstanding figures in the history of medicine. He is referred to as the Western father of medicine [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] in recognition of his lasting contributions to the field as the founder of the Hippocratic School of medicine. This intellectual school revolutionized medicine in ancient Greece, establishing it as a discipline distinct from other fields that it had traditionally been associated with (notably theurgy and philosophy), thus making medicine a profession. [ 5 ] [ 6 ]

• blondie
    blondie

WASHINGTON—U.S. President Barack Obama accepted the resignation of the top U.S. commander and strategist of the Afghan war of his command Wednesday.

Gen. David Petraeus, the head of the military's Central Command and the architect of the surge of forces into Iraq in 2007, will take over as the commanding general in Afghanistan. 0623petraeus0623petraeus

Gen. David Petraeus, the head of the military's Central Command and the architect of the surge of forces into Iraq in 2007, will take over as the commanding general in Afghanistan, Mr. Obama said.

The shakeup followed comments by Gen. Stanley McChrystal and his aides disparaging the president, his national security team, and U.S. allies.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704629804575324673218719434.html

• sir82
    sir82

Hipocrates: Greek physician of the 5th century BC

Hypocrites: Persons who preach one thing and do another

Liberals: Intelligent enough to know the difference

• blondie
    blondie

Members of both parties on Capitol Hill backed President Obama's decision to replace Gen. Stanley McChrystal after the general and his staff disparaged members of the president's national security team in an article in Rolling Stone magazine.

Obama named Gen. David H. Petraeus to replace McChrystal as commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan.

"I appreciate the bravery and service of Gen. McChrystal, and I understand and respect the president's decision concerning Gen. McChrystal," said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), one of the leading voices in Congress on defense issues and often a vocal critic of Obama. "I applaud the appointment of General Petraeus."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/23/AR2010062303765.html?hpid=topnews

• JWoods
    JWoods

I am pretty well known as a conservative on this board, and I support the decision to replace McChrystal with Petreaus.

I don't see any other reasonable course of action, given the circumstances.

What happens in the future in Afghanistan remains to be seen.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Thanks for the definitions idiots

2007: General Betrayus

2010: General Petraeus

Fucking hipocrites

• undercover
    undercover
    Hipocrates: Greek physician of the 5th century BC
    Hypocrites: Persons who preach one thing and do another
    Liberals: Intelligent enough to know the difference

And that gets my vote for "post of the day". Hilarious...

• JWoods
    JWoods

Indeed, Undercover. Indeed.

Sadly, though, there is an underlying point here about Petraeus, (and liberal opinions about him) which most of us are willing to overlook.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    General Petraeus has received Obama's full support, in spite of the fact he was called General Betray Us by the lefties.

You want to attribute the words and actions of one extreme faction to all liberals?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit