Michael Jackson's children going in field service

by Gayle 20 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary
    They will be watched very closely for a long, long time. "Worldly ones" will come to know how much it stinks growing up JW… field service, no holidays, "bad association," etc.

You could be right betterdaze. I saw a clip the other night where Michael was celebrating Paris' birthday, complete with cake, balloons, presents...the works. She obviously is old enough to remember all of that so it's very likely that when she becomes of age, she'll quit going.

• steve2
    steve2
    I saw a clip the other night where Michael was celebrating Paris' birthday, complete with cake, balloons, presents...the works.

Actually, just between me and everyone on this forum, I am convinced that significantly growing numbers of JWs celebrate birthdays - especially their children's. They just keep quiet about it - that's all. In fact, I think this has been going on for decades. Nearly 40 years ago, when my lovely cousin turned 13, her JW parents quietly took her and their other children out to a restaurant and part way through the evening a birthday cake arrived. My aunt said she had no idea where it came from and said the staff must have overheard one of her children [accidentally] mentioning it was their sister's 13th brithday. Yeah right! Even my liberal-minded mother was not taken in by my aunt's protests of innocence. Yes, according to my big-mouthed but lovely cousin, they soon lit the candles and ate the cake too. I felt so bad about this that my dear JW mother made a speical chococlate cake for my next birthday - but she couldn't quite bring herself to put candles on it. She said it was not because it was my birthday but because she loved me to bits. How sweet were my mother's lies!

• sir82
    sir82
    Seriously. First parented by a complete nutjob. Now under the guardianship of a devoted cult member.
    Those kids are totally fucked...

It's almost enough to prompt me to go back to school to study psychology, just to have a chance to be therapists for those kids.

Talk about a cash cow....

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

She obviously is old enough to remember all of that so it's very likely that when she becomes of age, she'll quit going.

That's exactly what separated our older sister from my brother and me. She already experienced "pagan" birthdays and holidays, even trick-or-treating at Halloween!

I had one Christmas, maybe two?

Our brother definitely had nothing at all.

Our sister was OUT, way out, by high school. But us younger siblings stuck with the beliefs more-or-less into our 30s!

So yeah, I suspect Jackson's children may become "rebellious youths." Their father made an effort to celebrate with them. Those "normal" family memories must be demonized by their JW guardians for proper Watchtower inculcation.

Only time will tell.

~Sue
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Steve2 said:

How sweet were my mother's lies!

That's a lovely way to say it, Steve. How sad... that to show true love, Jehovah's Witness parents have to bend or break the rules.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    She obviously is old enough to remember all of that so it's very likely that when she becomes of age, she'll quit going.

Then again, she may start believing that if she is a good little submissive witness woman, she will see her dad again soon...

-Aude.

• read good books
    read good books

I think I would rather have my dad hang me over a balcony than go out in field service.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I know of many devout witnesses who on their birthday have a get together and drinks. It's widely known, but nothing is done about it because they don't call it a birthday, but it's pretty damn close to one. It's splitting hairs. I say you're either in or you're out, birthday or no birthday.

• glenster
    glenster

If the wrong person answers a door who wants to exploit a precedent set by the
    acceptance of the children sleepovers with parents paid to stay away routine,
    rejecting it while taking a defensive stance on such things could prove to be an
    ironic two edged sword.

A more serious issue is that it means to establish that the Beatles publishing
    money will continue to go toward the collection boxes of the JWs leaders.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It will be interesting to hear what these lovely kids have to say about all this in a few years. Time flys and before you know it, they'll be old enough to speak for themselves. The world will want to hear their story...it's like money in the bank for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit