Video Review of New Brochure "The Origin of Life"

by Shepherd Book 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I recently completed making this video:

The Origin of Life

It's a quick look at the Watchtower's new brochure. I try to:

-point out their sad reasoning,

-show how Witnesses actually believe in evolution - a ridiculous version of it, in fact

-let one of the quoted scientists tell how she feels about the Society's use of her quotes.

Hope you find it helpful/useful/funny.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

excellent job on the video, my friend! I'm going to put it up on freeminds.org today.

Randy

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting video. The part about God coming from a single cell (obviously sarcastic) seemed a bit corny, but otherwise mostly well done.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks guys.

Rocketman - I wasn't trying to say that God came from a single cell, merely that any given god is far more complicated than any cell, and therefore far less likely to have not come from pre-existing life.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The subject IS humorous - deserves a little more, but it would be too sarcastic for the poor frightened JWs.

Randy

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Great video

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Thanks CO. Enlightening, as usual.

My favorite part is the simultaneous belief and disbelief in evolution, with belief running 16,000 times greater than disbelief.

From a pure mathematical standpoint, the factor that is 16,000 times greater than the opposing factor, would completely obliterate said opposing factor, yet the JWs are putting priorities in the (surprise) reverse order.

Or in plain language: back asswords...like everything else they are involved with...

-Yan

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Great Job !!

elder-schmelder

• zoiks
    zoiks

Nicely done!

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks again, everyone, glad you liked it.

I've just learned that I will be discussing this brochure during the next episode of Atheists Talk (it airs in the Twin Cities, MN). I plan to elaborate on some of the things I touch on in this video. I'll post that episode to this site if it becomes available online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit