So they finally said it ....

by 2014CountDown 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exjdub
    exjdub

Marking for later.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah but technically they are "not our leaders"..........legally.......but they are by default......to disobey them is to turn against Jesus.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome 2014Countdown and Loveisenuff! 2014, I agree that the September 15 WT is pretty eye opening, and I wonder how I would have taken it if I was still "in".

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Certainly this is nothing new, but the way it is said, and how common this power of the GB thread has been lately, and the volume in the issue referred to alone, it seems the message isn't as subliminal as in the past. Too much questioning perhaps? Too much dissention?

Technically, sure, as far as JW world goes, GB can make a case that they are taking the lead as followers of Christ, so, by following their lead (not as leaders, but as taking the lead as followers of the leader) you follow Christ by following [along] with them. This is how it spins.

• undercover
    undercover

Ah, the Sept 15, 2010 WT....add this one to your list of most quotable of WT publications.

I sense a circling of the wagons by the WTS lately. It will be interesting to see what direction they take in the next year now that Herr Jaracz is dead. Will it continue or will the new power structure change their direction from paranoia to trying to mainstream somewhat?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES...

This spiritual food is based onGod’s Word. Thus, WHAT IS TAUGHT IS NOT FROM MEN
    BUT FROM JEHOVAH.

WT says the spiritual food is based on. Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary (m-w.com) says that "to make, form, or serve as a base for."

Hmmm... just like a foundation of a house serves as what the rest of the house sits on, but is not the entire house.

So WT says that God's Word is the foundation for its doctrine...but it is NOT GOD'S WORD. WT doctrine is a derivitative (*) work of the Bible. Sadly it is so derivative that it barely resembles the Bible at all.

I am so glad I am out of that cult. I cannot believe my mind and thinking process was co-opted by that crap for so long.

Snakes (Rich )

(*) derivative: "1a(1) the formation of a word from another word or base" (italics/underline mine).

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, hello there Mr. Wolf! LOL

Finally took off that sheep suit, I see.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, 2014CountDown and loveisenuff!!

WHAT IS TAUGHT IS NOT FROM MEN
    BUT FROM JEHOVAH.

Yes, this is the problem......when over the years they publish something like "Vaccinations are like taking pus into the body" or the "teaching" from the 1960's of "If you are a young person you must face the fact that you will never get old in this system" and all the generation changes.....and the blood chnges, now allowing fractions.....well one could go on and on but it becomes incredulous that the teachings change but all the teachings are from God.

Yet if need be, when called on something like the "1975" fiasco, they conveniently claim that they make mistakes and are not inspired.

• designs
    designs

Quandry-

Worse, we were blamed for reading to much into it.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Designs....is the coffee for me? Thanks.

Worse, we were blamed for reading to much into it.

Yes...and how I wish I had "read into it" when I WAS a young person....I was "in" for over thirty years....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit