by cantleave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I used to ask people who said... "I enjoyed your comment."

"What was it that I commented on that got your attention?"

That would weed out the BS.

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

The greatest thing about assemblies was the many hot sisters and getting their phone numbers and making out with them a few months later...possibly dry humping (feeling guilty), but doing it again despite the guilt.

ah, assemblies, lunch hour is like a surreal, fully clothed sex club.

i'm almost tempted to go hang out, spot the "baddies" and take them for drinks after.

let me guess what they're harping on this year:

1) the authority of the WTBTS and governing body

2) the end is right around the corner, stay awake, even though we just bought ourselves another 50 years or so with the generation overlap-dance.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

The only convention that would be great, would be traveling 125 miles to the parking lot to find out it was cancelled. I bet lots would be driving with the biggest smiles ever!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

mutinyinheaven......................I don't know how long since you been one, but the 'generation' or young generation are more worldly then wordly people. For example......I can go to a 'worldy' gathering, party, etc, and nothing really happens. Yet go to a JW party, or a 'camp out', and everyone is drunk and going off into the woods.

Such hyposcrisy, we all need to repent of our judging from our hearts.

• shamus100
    shamus100

OOOOOH!!! THE SMPOSIUM.... THE SYMPOSIUM.... (say symposium ten times fast...)

Excuse me for one moment...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I was especially encouraged by the loving fellowship.

No, wait.....

O ya, I forgot I didn't go.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I am actually partying with witnesses or quizi witnesses lol every night of the assembly this weekend and Im only actually going myself sunday afternoon .... that is if we can get our hungover selves out of bed in time to make the lunch break!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Ever notice that the most appreciative urgent sounding comments come from the true slackers?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I had a call from a JW whom I was close with, used it to weedle his way in as he knew from a buddy of his that we have not been to a meeting in 6 months. Wants to drop by and tell me all about it and just listen to me. He won't take no for an answer as i think he and his friend have made my family their pet "summer distraction from service" project. Its hard because he was a genuinely decent guy -

Blondie, thanks for the three pointers - I will use them...

BTW: I think some of you will find this amusing.....I have not served as an elder for almost 18 months and I had two calls in 24hrs to give a talk, one in a neighbouring congregation that has some very toxic dubs!!! (I figured it must be satan...:))

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I had a call from a JW whom I was close with, used it to weedle his way in as he knew from a buddy of his that we have not been to a meeting in 6 months. Wants to drop by and tell me all about it and just listen to me. He won't take no for an answer as I think he and his friend have made my family their pet "summer distraction from service" project. Its hard because he was a genuinely decent guy...

Blondie, thanks for the three pointers - I will use them...

BTW: I think some of you will find this amusing.....I have not served as an elder for almost 18 months and I had two calls in 24hrs to give a talk, one in a neighbouring congregation that has some very toxic (gossipers+slanderers) dubs!!! (I figured it must be satan...:))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit