Shunning Styles 101. Any I missed? Care to elaborate?

by Open mind 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Funny. Jw.org says this about shunning:

"What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue"

Very misleading to outside persons. This is twisted. WE know this is talking about husband and wife and young kids. non-witnesses would no catch this. They read "The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain." very misleading. Shame on you gb. Shame shame shame.

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten

One horrid outcome of shunning happened within family that I was close to. A sister suffered from a severe mental illness. She would hallucinate and do things in a fugue state that ended up getting her df'd. She had 5 grown brothers and sisters, as well as her parents that should have been looking after her, but because she was df'd, she had no one.

SShe had an episode and ended up jumping through a plate glass window and fell 3 stories. As a result she ended up paralyzed and on life support. Her family only came to the hospital when the medical staff called them when decisions needed to be made. They only spoke to her right before she died. The family never told any of the "friends" what was happening to her. I can't begin to imagine how alone and frightened this young girl must have been. Such a "loving provision".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit