PROUD KIDS' TRIBUTE TO DAD JACKO at Kingdom Hall???

by Gayle 24 Replies latest social current

• donny
    donny

And didn't Michael disassociate from the Society? I remember copies of a newpaper article that were being passed around at either the 1987 or 1988 district convention showing how JW's were to shun Michael Jackson as he had disassociated himself.

• betterdaze
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Despite how weird he was, would be shame if everything 'was' lies against him. Someone who made music like this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2W4-0qUdHY&feature=related

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

EndofMysteries, off topic.

This isn't about MJ's music. It is about his children being raised as Jehovah's Witnesses.

~Sue

• undercover
    undercover

Thank you for those references Blondie...

• Dogpatch
  • scotinsw
    scotinsw

The original story was in the Daily Star. I would give no credibility to this newspaper at all! It is a trashy paper through and through! Funny that its not been reported anywhere else......

• jeovagood
    jeovagood

"According to a Jackson insider, the kids (under the guidance of their grandmother and legal guardian, Katherine Jackson) have been doing the standard field service as part of their involvement with the Jehovah’s Witnesses, encouraging others to convert."

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

What ever happened to the "We don't do memorials for the dead, even at their own funeral, because we don't want to exalt the individual - only Jehovah" attitude by the JW elders?

I couldn't even get a brief memorial read at my father's funeral, and he was a faithful JW for over 50 years.

I see a lot of hypocrisy on the part of the JWs and the Jackson family in having these memorials in MJ's honor. It's clearly because of his fame and his money that they are getting these waivers.

Let's face the facts. The WT and its leadership, ever since the formation of the the Watch Tower and People's Pulpit corporations, have always been just about making money and building up the strength of the organization. If making allowances for Michael Jackson, a worldly, fame-seeking, sexually confused, DF'd or DA'd former brother - who mixed and sought close friendships with Nation of Islam leaders, Jewish Rabbis, Islamic imams and shieks, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and other ministers of evil Christendom - is going to be OK now - then allowances should also be made for the families of those JWs who were faithful to the end.

Something is very, very disturbing in all of this.

• Scully
    Scully

Too bad nobody bothered to do a tribute to Farrah Fawcett, who died the same day as Michael Jackson.

She died of a terrible illness, with her dignity intact.

Michael Jackson died of his own stupidy, drug seeking and under the delusion of grandeur that his fame gave him permission to be a douchebag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit