Letter to the Society

by serenitynow! 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

So my mom is die-hard JW despite disagreeing with some teachings from the GB. We were talking today about the generation thing, and she told me the generation teaching was inconsequential. I told her how as a child I thought it was huge that the end would come before the 1914 people died. Now they have totally changed the meaning of generation into something absurd. I also told her that by JW standards she is an apostate for not being on board with the generation teaching. She was like "i'll write a letter showing them it's not scriptural!" She thinks she can do that w/out repercussions. Am i wrong to keep nudging her to write to the Society?

• Honesty
    Honesty

If she writes a letter to the Society disagreeing with the new 'understanding' she may feel the real love of the Watchtower.

• Gerard
    Gerard

You mean you have a chance for her to see the real Printing Cult Corporation? TAKE IT!!!!!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

"i'll write a letter showing them it's not scriptural!"

Wow, have her write it asap,,

the headquarters will have the elders call on her to counsel and straightened her up,,

they (rank & file) are so naive that the organization absolutely does not allow their personal opinion like this about anything. This issue is hot for the WTS now and I expect they are getting many comments and letters on questioning this issue. The GB will only get tougher now. The GB only have an arrogant spirit of "how dare they be questioned!"

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I'm new to this forum, I just began my search for something better than "...used to be a jehovahs witness"...

I wouldn't say you are "wrong" to keep nudging her...but she needs to be prepared if she is going to write a letter like that...I know of people who have been disfellowshipped for much less.

Blindly follow or leave...those are the only options.

• yknot
    yknot

We all know what will happen with such a letter...... Is she however ready to eat crow over the matter when she given an admonishing adjustment? Does she know about the KS-91?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Welcome jdub. I think she's written letters before, but that was in the 80s and a different elder body and cong. they knew she was a bit off and tolerated her. It might kill her to get df'd.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

She sounds like a brave woman to even be considering this. So maybe you think it would "kill her" to get def'd but the experince may show her she has courage she didnt know she had.Encourage her to write it on the basis of if its the truth they have nothing to hide and no reason not to give her a logical response and when they dont let the the chips fall as they may but be there to support her

• cofty
    cofty

I think you are right to be cautious. What age is she? What would be the costs & benefits of being df'd at this time in her life? I don't think it is such a simple call, only you can judge it for best

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

She's 63. She's given her life to this org. Gave up a good job that could have put her through college to serve where the need was great. She's mentally ill & the society's stance on mental health treatment has done her no favors. she has held a variety of low paying jobs, no career no money, no close friends, no husband, no prospects and no hope for the future this side of armageddon. Of course if she got mental help she might somehow salvage the last part of life and find some joy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit