Dark Moon

by compound complex 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• clarity
    clarity

CoCo ...

... still we do have this ... the memory of days well past. Here from my poor dusty attic room, the long ago sounds of home, even yet, whisper in my ears. I have lost, but no one can take them from me.

clarity

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Clarity, for those beautifully poignant words.

A bittersweet reminiscence, one familiar to all.

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

The mask has been hewn off with hammer and chisel.

A jealous, fearful rival threw away the key for a cranial prison harboring no real criminal and possessing no lock. Now, though, the heir apparent finds liberty bowing at his feet and preparing to take him on a journey never before imagined while he languished within confines of stone, iron, despair.

For the first time since that unjust imprisonment uncounted years ago, Philippe luxuriates in the simple but spacious attic room filled with courageous men who, at peril to themselves, broke his bonds in order to restore that freedom earlier sacrificed upon the altar of a not mistaken identity. The young royal peers out an unshuttered window and breathes in the sweet air of the night as the Silver Queen looks down benevolently upon that which once was hidden but is now revealed ...

Inspiration and many thanks:

still we do have this ... the memory of days well past. Here from my poor dusty attic room, the long ago sounds of home, even yet, whisper in my ears. I have lost, but no one can take them from me.

clarity

The Man in the Iron Mask, Alexandre Dumas

• compound complex
    compound complex

For too long a time for one as finite as I
    have I walked in deep shadow, swallowed
    up by darkened canyons of gloom and despair.

Yet there abides hope untethered as upward
    I gaze, gaze upon Heaven bejeweled in raiment
    grand and misty Moon amidst a spangled expanse

That beckons I leave behind all care, all that
    attends the frailty of this mortal coil . . . that I
    might join myself with that whence I am wrought.

Inspired by Olivier Messiaen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit