Could Bethelites Sue the Watchtower or Governing Body for Violating Basic Privacy Laws if they Monitored Internet use and Email Privacy?

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Now that would be be interesting I bet some good Lawyers could make a bundle of money for them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Could Bethelites Sue the WT. . .

No, if you're referring to Bethel-provided Internet. Just as on most jobs, there is ZERO expectation of privacy on the Bethel computers. This is all disclosed to Bethelites.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

what leaving said

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When I was at Bethel, many Bethelites had PERSONAL Internet accounts. These are not monitored, as this would be a violation of Federal wiretapping laws. (Same as they cannot legally monitor personal phone calls.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So, then there is good chance that most bethelites have their own service? That would be really good.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Do you think most Bethelites know this that the Watchtower would be in serious trouble if they monitored thier calls.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So, then there is good chance that most bethelites have their own service? That would be really good.

This would be absolutely necessary to download copyrighted media and/or adult material. So, yes, it's safe to assume that a significant percentage of Bethelites have access (somewhere) to unmonitored Internet.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Do you think most Bethelites know this that the Watchtower would be in serious trouble if they monitored thier calls.

This is a very serious Federal crime. I've seen no evidence indicating that WT has ever monitored anyone's phone calls. (There are far more simple ways of getting the information that they want. They pratice "confession". Suspects can be asked to admit their own guilt or, more likely, a willing roommate could be asked to observe and rat someone out.)

• JeffT
    JeffT

If they are using routers, servers, phone or cable lines or other equipment owned by or leased to the WTBS they can still be legally monitored. If you check a hotmail account at work you are still using the boss's equipment and there will be a record of it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think things may be changing at Bethel unnoticed by the GB since that is the case. Loyalty will no doubt be at an all time low as this new Generation thing gets cooking/.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit