If I become a JW will I have to go door to door?

by Darth plaugeis 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Of course not. No one forces you to do that, it's totally your decision.

LOL remember that!!

• blondie
    blondie

If you are a minor, your parents can make it very difficult not to at least go along in the car.

As an adult and living on your own, there are many ways to fake time. Reading here on JWN you can find some good suggestions.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I wish I thought of faking time, but seriously was terrified Jah would punish me even if I added a bogus hour. Now I'm thinking of sending field service reports for 100 hours a month.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

never faked time i had one month I made 145 hours!!! in the summer hot in order to make my 1000 a year!!! No don't go door to door unless you are just talking to friends...

• Quentin
    Quentin

Up to you...I never fudged, 10+hrs a month was expected back in the day...depending on who I was with(Heh, heh...Terry, Harry R)I enjoyed banging doors about 80% of the time...going door to door with a sister, was of course, a plus for a young single bro

• restrangled
    restrangled

You Betcha! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

r.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

You don't have to go but not going in field service is the first sign of spiritual weakness brotha! NOW GET UR ASS IN DA STATION WAGON!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

One needs to go out in service to get baptized but after that, one can stop going out if one wishes, as long as one doesn't mind dealing with shepherding calls once a year. In 19 years of being baptized I think I went out in service for about a 4 or 5 years with sub average hours. I think I might have had 3 or 4 months where I put in 10 or more hours, and by more I mean like 12 or 13 hours. :) I never fudged hours either.

• VistaView
    VistaView

Thats a no brainer. Just make sure you do what you can, based on your circumstances.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

When I pioneered, I ended up working full time. I completely lied about my hours. Towards the end of the third year of pioneering I stopped lieing and actually reported what I got which was like 25 hours. They didn't want to let me stop pioneering when I told them I couldn't anymore so this was the only way they would reasonably let me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit