9/15/2010 WT- Our Active Leader Today

by serenitynow! 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yes, another 9/15/ study article thread. The more I read this stuff the worse it gets. page 27, paragraph 9- "Today, he likewise approves of those, young or old, who refrain from delving into the "deep things of Satan" by means of the Internet or violent video games or by indulging in permissive human reasonings."

What in the world is that supposed to mean? Permissive human reasonings- a deep thing of Satan? I also picked up on the use of the word "indulging" to indicate that to reason (independent of the WT I presume) is somehow sinful.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lenient or 'not-preventive' human reasoning. In other words, allowing the mind to dictate where you go with your reasoning instead of the Watchtower. Not preventing real understanding instead of circular reasoning.

• wannabefree
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Oh thanks wannabfree. I didn't know what that thread was by just looking at the title.

But seriously, I am going to have to ask some JWs what "permissive human reasonings" means. Every article has something outrageous in it.

OTWO, has that phrase been used in the lit before? It's funny to me how they did not illustrate what they meant by that.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This magazine is truly a treasure.

"permissive human reasonings"

I would assume if it is in line with "human reasonings" as I remember (although "permissive" seems to add a different flavor), it would be topics such as .....

*** w08 4/15 p. 6 par. 16 Repudiate "Valueless Things" ***
    some scientists say that evolutionary theory and scientific discoveries in other fields demonstrate that there is no longer any need to believe in God, that everything can be explained by natural processes. Should such proud statements concern us? Of course not! Human wisdom differs from divine wisdom. (1 Cor. 2:6, 7) However, we know that when human teachings contradict what God has revealed, it is always the human teachings that are wrong. (Read Romans 3:4.) Despite the progress of science in some fields, the Bible's assessment of human wisdom remains true: "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God." Compared with the infinite wisdom of God, human reasoning is futile.-1 Cor. 3:18-20.

• pirata
    pirata

"deep things of Satan" : indulging in permissive human reasonings.

"deep things of Jevovah" : accepting only the Governing Body's human reasonings.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Permissive human reasoning is what can improve society. This allows us to find out what is stopping society from moving forward, and helps to fix the problems. It works well in science, it can also work well in politics and philosophy. You have a philosophy that is resulting in stupid rules and laws, you use permissive human reasoning to find and fix the bad philosophy and strike out the bad rules. Another name for it is "fully integrated thinking".

And, if Satan is the father of fully integrated thinking, then Jehovah is the true enemy and Satan our would-be Savior #1. Of note, Jesus also preached permissive human reasoning, or fully integrated thinking, before Paul corrupted his message--and is would-be Savior #2.

• wobble
    wobble

WBF's quote from the 2008 WT/rag shows their loaded language referring to the scientists who feel that the huge weight of evidence for a naturalistic explanation of Life and the Universe, is a"proud statement" as though they lack humility and hence cannot accept the God hypothesis.

The truth of the matter is, there is no proof for God at all, so scientists cannot ever include god in any explanation of anything and remain "scientific ",

pride has nothing to do with it.

• Titus
    Titus

"permissive human reasonings" in other languages

"tolerant views of this world" - Croatian

"human ideas which support philosophy, spiritism, evolution and immorality" - Serbian

Does anybody see any similarity?

• peacedog
    peacedog

...indulging in permissive human reasonings.

Only the Watchtower Society can make thinking sound evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit